Sequel: Blue on Black
Status: Comments = Frequent Updates

A Welcome Burden

Chapter 12: A Night Out

There's no doubt that I feel something for Cheyenne now. I actually enjoyed splashing around in the lake with her yesterday. Sure I've been with the occasional woman who's clothes were way too tight or their makeup looking like it was put on with a putty knife. Those kinds of women you don't wanna be around for more than a few hours. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I'd fall for a multicolored hair woman but I have. My eyes have been on her since that night at the bar before she was attacked. There's just something about her that I can't help but stare. I feel like I need to protect her which I don't mind a damn bit. Even though we've only know each other a month...I feel like I've known her my entire life. Well what I know of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~Cheyenne's POV~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Oh what a beautiful day it has been. It's not too hot, there's a gentle breeze making ripples across the lake. It's an all out perfect day. I walked along the shore of the lake until I got to the rock shelf I wanted to climb on and explore. When I got to the top I could see everything. The lake seemed to go on for miles. I look towards the camper and on a point there was some kind of building. It was tall. Could be a lighthouse. I climbed back down going to the edge where the rocks met the shore and the water. I sat down watching the tiny fish swim around each other as if they were playing.

I smiled as I thought back to yesterday when Logan and I were splashing each other. He's been like my protector throughout our journey. I wanna be more than just friends with him but like I said before he probably doesn't want that. Maybe I should tell him how I feel? I don't even know where to begin that conversation. Suddenly I felt as if someone was creeping up on me. My nose took in Logan's scent and I smirked. He's gonna try and scare me. Not today.

"Logan you should know you can never sneak up on me." I said keeping my eyes focused on the tiny fish.

"How the hell did you know I was there? I didn't make a sound."

"I smelled your cigar." I said looking back at him as he puffed on it.

"Next time I'll get you."

"Don't bet on it." I said laughing as I stood up and jumped down from the rocks. I followed Logan back to the camper. I must have walked farther than I thought. We took a seat in the chairs and Logan grabbed a beer from his cooler.

"Would you like a sip?" I nodded taking the beer from him and taking a sip.

"Eh not bad. I'm not much of a beer person." I said handing the long necked bottle of Budweiser back to him.

"Then why drink it?"

"Because you offered." I stated.

"I could have stopped somewhere and got you what you wanted."

"No that's okay. I don't drink very often." I explained.

"How about we go out tonight?"

"Um..go out?" I questioned.

"Yeah have some drinks, shoot some pool. Just have a good night together."

"I don't know Logan..." I said hesitantly. I was still leery about going to another bar.

"It'll be fun. You don't have to worry Chey. No one in there is gonna hurt you."

"But I don't even know the first thing about playing pool." I said trying to find an excuse so Logan would drop the idea.

"That's easy. I'll teach you." Damn. Way to rain on my parade...

"Okay okay. We'll go out tonight but only for a little while."

"That's the spirit! We'll head out as soon as we finish lunch." He said smiling and I nodded worryingly.

"Chey, I meant what I said. I won't let anything happen to you." I smiled at him before he disappeared into the camper. His words were genuine and made the knots in my gut straighten out. Maybe this could turn out to be fun...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I sat in the passenger seat of Logan's truck as he pulled into the parking lot of the bar. The flashing neon sign on a tall metal pole read:

Happy Hour Bar and Pool Hall

The knots in my stomach came back as I looked around the lit parking lot as Logan parked the truck. There were a ton of motorcycles and a few cars and trucks parked here and there. This must kinda be like a biker bar that had a country vibe to it. Logan and I got out of the truck and I met him on the driver's side.

"Don't worry Chey. You're gonna be perfectly safe with me." Logan said sensing my anxiety. The knots seems to disappear with his words before we went inside.

Just as I had thought. This place was a biker bar with that country vibe. There was a sign just inside that said that the house band can play any song you want to sing to. Currently the band was playing a random country song while a woman sang. Badly I might add. The bar had 2 separate areas. One had the bar with a few stools in front of it, some tables, and a stage. The other was were 2 rows of 3 pool tables were housed. Logan and I easily found a table.

"I'm gonna get our drinks. What would you like?"

"Bourbon neat." I said and Logan patted my shoulder before walking away. I sat there at the table and looked around. The bikers I guess didn't mind the sound of country music even though the singer was horrible. Other people were drinking and smoking so I pulled out my pack of smokes and lit one up with my Zippo.

"Hey there little lady." I turned towards the voice and there was a man.

"Hello." I said blowing smoke as I spoke.

"I ain't seen you in here before."

"I'm not from here." I stated. What am I? A drunk magnet?

"You got some purdy eyes. Never seen a shade of green like that before."

"Sorry but I'm here with someone." I said trying to get him to go away. The last thing I want is to have another incident like the last time.

"I saw him. Why don't you ditch the muscles and come hang out with me and my friends. We gotta little place not to far from here that could use a woman's...company." The stranger touched my hair making my hand come up and smack his away.

"Don't touch me."

"Hey bub she's with me." Logan said appearing out of nowhere with our drinks. Thank God!

"No need to get all riled up mister. I was just offering the lady a better time."

"She doesnt want the time you're offering." He said setting the drinks down on the table.

"I'd rather hear what she's got to say." The stranger started to touch me again but Logan grabbed the man's wrist.

"I said back the fuck off." The man jerked his arm away and left. Clearly intimidated by Logan's strength.

"Sorry. He just snuck up on me." I said as Logan sat down.

"It's alright. Just don't be afraid to tell guys like that off. They're used to hearing it." We sipped on our drinks until a pool table cleared before we went over.

"Get us a cue from the wall over there while I rack." I nodded and grabbed 2 pool sticks handing one to Logan after he had put the different colored balls into the triangle.

"You know how to break?"

"I've seen some stuff on TV once." I said positioning the end of the cue stick at the white billiard ball. I pushed the stick forward knocking the white ball into the others making them clang together.

"Pretty good break for your first time." I smiled at Logan's comment. Maybe I'll beat him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~
~~
~


Logan and I played round after round. I beat him at a few games but he was ahead of me. I downed my 4th glass of bourbon feeling a bit more confident than I was when we got here. There was another singer in the middle of her song and she was worse than the rest.

"Alright I'm tired of listening to this shit." I said drinking on my 5th bourbon. I set the cue down on the pool table and made my way over to the stage.

If i hadn't had some liquid courage in me, I probably wouldn't be doing this sober. When the woman finished her song I told the guys what song I wanted played. I looked out into the crowd seeing Logan looking at me with a smirk as he drank his beer. The band members behind me began to play the country song I requested. By the end of the song the people in the bar were clapping for me and chanting that they wanted more. Of course with my confidence at an all time high, I have them just that.

"Another day in this carnival of souls
Another nights ends, end as quickly as it goes
The memories are shadows, ink on the page
And I can't seem to find my way home

And it's almost like
Your heaven's trying everything
Your heaven's trying everything
To keep me out

All the places I've been and things I've seen
A million stories that made up a million shattered dreams
The faces of people I'll never see again
And I can't seem to find my way home

'Cause it's almost like
Your heaven's trying everything
To break me down
'Cause it's almost like
Your heaven's trying everything
To keep me out

'Cause it's almost like
Your heaven's trying everything
To break me down
'Cause it's almost like
Your heaven's trying everything
Your heaven's trying everything
To break me down
To break me down

To break me down
Your heavens trying everything
Your heavens trying everything
To break me...down
"

The crowded bar cheered and clapped for me again as I jumped off the stage and headed back over to Logan who had ordered me another bourbon. This might be the best night I've had in forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
**So what do you all think about this chapter? Also I'd like to thank each and every one of you who have commented on my latest blog. I've never had so many comments on one before! I seriously can't thank you enough!**

Shirt:
[img]https://store.vampirefreaks.com/collections/mens-tshirts/products/destrukture-demon-wings-t-shirt[/img]

Vest:
[img]https://wornstar.com/collections/mens-custom-stage-vests/products/wscv-553-black-denim-vest-shadow-smoke-deceiver-mto[/img]

Pants:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/107804984807794184/[/img]

Videos:
When I Call Your Name
by Vince Gill:

[img]https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=vince+gill+when+i+call+your+name[/img]

Far From Home
by Five Finger Death Punch

[img]https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=five+finger+death+punch+far+from+home[/img]