‹ Prequel: A Welcome Burden
Status: Please comment!

Blue on Black

Chapter 11: The Truth

Days have past since Logan got back to the mansion and we haven't spoke. Well actually I've been avoiding him. I just can't seem to let myself be around him even though I want to be. When it was time for bed, I made sure Charlie was asleep in her room before I left the mansion. I needed some space to think.

I subconsciously walked over to the large fountain and sat down on the side. Why am I so mad that Logan is back? Is it because I'm so guilty for not telling him my last secret? Is it because these past 2 years I've felt used and abandoned by him? I just don't know.

I signed loudly to myself and put my elbows on my knees as I rested my head in my hands. Should I forgive him for being away for so long or am I just being a selfish bitch?

"Hey." I looked up to the sound of Logan's husky voice.

"Hey." I said sitting up straight.

"Um..how are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine and you?" I asked looking down. I can't even look at him.

"I'm alright. Look Chey...I'm sorry for being gone so long. I don't blame you for being mad at me."

"No Logan. I'm the one who should be sorry." I said truthfully as I found the courage to look up at him.

"Why?"

"I've been purposely avoiding you. I know you were trying to getting answers to your questions." I said. Logan sat down beside me and gently touched my hand. I felt sparks surge through my entire body. That spark I longed for even since he got back.

"I didn't find much. I never could find who the person was that gave me this stuff. I did find out that I volunteered."

"Come with me Logan. I need to show you something." I said standing to my feet and walking back into the mansion. Logan followed me into the room we had once shared.

"Sit down." I went over to my closet and grabbed my back pack.

"What are you doing?" I didn't answer him as I dug through the bag before pulling out a file folder.

"What's that?"

"Just hear me out first." I said. I was literally shaking in fear. Who knows how he's gonna take this news.

"What's going on?"

"I've been keeping a secret from you for a long time Logan. This will explain." I said as I handed him the file. I leaned against the dresser with my arms crossed over my chest and eyes to the floor as he opened the folder.

"You were there at Alkaline Lake?" I nodded my head as I kept my eyes trained to the floor.

"I was forced into it Logan. I tried to stop them but I couldn't. I know I should have told you sooner but I didn't know how to. I didn't know how you would react to hearing that I have the same metal skeleton...but I remember everything." I explained expecting Logan to storm out but instead I felt his rough hands on my bare shoulders.

"Chey look at me." I slowly looked up but Logan's face held no anger, "let me see them." He said taking a small step back. I brought my hands up and clinched my fists letting the Adamantium metal claws pop out of my knuckles.

I stared at my metal claws as Logan carefully touched them. My hands were basically like his. I retracted my blades as he grabbed my hands.

"I'm not mad at you for keeping this from me. I understand that you were scared to tell me. I would've done the same thing if I was in your shoes but Chey...I'm not going anywhere. You still mean so much to me. I couldn't let a little thing like this come between us." I felt tears well up in my eyes as I heard his words. Even after this he still loves me.

Logan brought my into his arms and wrapped his around me. He squeezed me tightly as if I was gonna be leaving. I let my tears fall from my eyes silently as he held me.
♠ ♠ ♠
**I'm So so so so sorry that I'm just now updating this story. I've been writing more chapters on this along with other stories that I'm thinking about posting here.

Anyways I hope you all enjoy this chapter and I hope your Christmas was great and this new year brings everything you'd want and hope for.**