‹ Prequel: A Welcome Burden
Status: Please comment!

Blue on Black

Chapter 12

I looked up at Logan as he held me. He wiped away my tears and I walked over to my dresser grabbing his dog tags.

"You'll be needing these back." I said as I put them around his neck.

"I can't believe you kept them since I left."

"I couldn't let them go. Somehow I knew you would come back." I said as Logan brought me back into his arms.

"I love you Chey."

"I love you too." I said with a smile. Logan bent down slowly and placed his lips on mine. The electrical spark surged through me igniting the passion that I have for this man.

"Lets go to bed." I nodded and I grabbed some clothes from my dresser before going into the bathroom. I quickly changed and left the bathroom.

Logan was already laying in the bed waiting for me. He flipped the covers back as I got to the side of the bed. I laid down and he pulled me as close as humanly possible. My head immediately rested itself on his chest. The combination of listening to Logan's heartbeat and his fingers running through my hair put me right to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~


The next morning I woke up to someone shaking me. I looked up to see Logan still sleeping so it had to be on other person. I looked behind me and a smile came to my face as I saw Charlie.

"Good morning Charlie." I said while rolling over.

"Morning. Are we going to breakfast?" I nodded my head and went over to my dresser. I quickly wrote down a short note before going into the bathroom and changed.

I knew Logan wasn't much of a morning person so I didn't bother waking him. I set my note for him down on my pillow and we left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~Logan's POV~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I woke up as the sun shone down on my face through the blinds. I stretched and reached back to gently touch Chey but all I got was the empty side of her bed. I sat up quickly and saw a piece of paper on the pillow.

Logan,

Don't worry. I haven't left. I know you're not a morning person so I didn't bother waking you. Charlie and I went to breakfast before she starts her schooling. I'll be outside by the Koi Pond when you wake up.

~Chey


I smiled at her little note as I got out of bed. I went over to the bathroom to do my morning ritual before looking at myself in the full length mirror. I looked like I hadn't slept good and I didn't smell good either so I decided on a shower. I stripped out of my clothes as the water warmed up.

When the water was warm I stepped underneath the spray letting the hot water cascade down my back. It woke me up faster than any caffeine drink could. I stepped out of the shower after washing up and wrapped a towel around my lower body. I left the bathroom and grabbed some clothes and quickly changed. The last thing I need is one of these kids walking in on me while I'm naked.

Once I was dressed I left the bedroom and followed the corridors to the back of the mansion. As soon as I opened up the door, I spotted the woman who lights up my world. She was right where she said she would be. I slowly walked up to her. I wanted to see if I could surprise her.

"Nice try Logan." Chey said before she looked over her shoulder with a cheeky smile.

"I can never get you."

"You did once remember?" She said moving over on the small bench next to the pond.

"Yeah I remember." I sat down next to her and brought her over closer to me. A comfortable yet annoying silence surrounded us as we watched the fish swim around in the pool of water.

"So how did Charlie come to be your responsibility?" I asked curiously.

"The Professor told me she was abandoned by her parents while vacationing here in New York."

"My God." I said feeling sorry for the young child.

"Those were my exact words when he told me but I knew how she felt."

"You do?" I inquired and she nodded her fiery head of hair.

"Yeah. After my mother died, my dad became this drunken slob of a man. He found a woman who was just like him. He would always blame me for everything and call me an abomination once he found out I was a mutant. I was so close to leaving but that guy came to the house and took me away."

"What guy?" I questioned.

"The same man who gave you that metal. His name is Stryker. Colonel William Stryker." That name...It sounds so familiar but I can't place it.

"Maybe the Professor can help me find him so I can bring a round of karma his way." I said feeling my anger rise.

"No Logan. I just got you back. I don't want you leaving me again..." Chey's sadness as she lowered her head turned away every inch of anger I felt. I put my fingers underneath her chin bringing her eyes up to look at me.

"Hey I'm not gonna leave you again." I said. A small smile creeped onto her beautiful face and my lips attached to hers.

It was gentle kiss. I didn't want us to get too carried away here in the open. I broke the kiss and brought her head to my chest.

"So besides taking care of Charlie, what have you been up to since I've been gone?" I asked as I stroked her head.

"Well I got myself a job to keep busy..." I listened to Chey as she told me about what she's been doing over the last 2 years.

I was so glad to hear that she never stopped singing. I missed hearing her sing while I've been gone. Maybe I'll join her when she goes to work tonight just so I can hear her sing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~


We talked the day away until it was time for Charlie to get out of school. Chey and I waited hand in hand at the back door as the kids piled out of the mansion. Chey let my hand go as she spotted the young girl. The child ran up to her and wrapped her small arms around my girl's neck. Chey easily picked her up hugging her tightly before setting her on her feet.

She bent down on the balls of her feet as the little girl looked over at me. Quite frankly I'm terrified to meet her. I had a million and one things running through my mind. What if she doesn't like me? What if I can't be a good influence to her? I pushed the thoughts away as they walked over to me.

"Charlie this is Logan. Logan this is Charlie." Chey introduced us. I held out my hand for her to shake by instead she wrapped her arms around my hips and gave me a hug. I was taken back by the sudden gesture but my hand immediately went to her head and her brown hair.

"It's nice to finally meet you Logan. Mom has told me so much about you."

"All good things I hope." I said as I smiled.

"Of course! Oh I drew a picture for you!" The little girl handed me a sheet of paper and I unfolded it. It was a drawing of me and it was just as good as Chey's drawing.

"This is amazing. Thank you Charlie." I said as I bent down. The young child this time wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. I wrapped mine around her as well. My eyes went to Chey and she had the biggest smile on her face.

"You run along and play now. I'll come say goodbye before I go to work." Charlie nodded her head before giving me a wave and running off towards the other kids.

"So she calls you mom." I said and she blushed.

"Yeah. That little girl is my world. I mean other than you." I brought Chey into my side and we took a walk around the property as she kept an eye on Charlie. I think I could get used to this family life.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Hey guys! Oh man is this super late to be updating a . I'm so so so very sorry that I'm just now updating. I thought I would have some free time yesterday but I didn't.

Again I need to make this clear that I'll only be able to update on the weekends unless I can sneak in a chapter during the week but it's highly unlikely. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!

Let me know your thoughts in the comment section and don't forget to subscribe!**