‹ Prequel: A Welcome Burden
Status: Please comment!

Blue on Black

Chapter 9

~~5 Months Later~~

5 months have come and gone and it seems impossible but today is a very special day. Today is Charlie's birthday. During these last 5 months I've learned so much about the young girl and I've told her a few things about myself. I've even told her about Logan. For someone who's so young she's quite the intelligent girl.

When I talked to her about Logan, she told me that I should forgive him for being gone as long as he has but can I? I mean he hasn't sent me anything or called me since he's been gone. I really shouldn't be mad at him. I'm the one who's at fault here. If I had just told him about my Adamantium skeleton then he would still be here but today is not about me. Today is about the little girl that I consider my own.

A month ago I told her that I wouldn't abandon her like her parents did and it wasn't long after that...she called me mom. Something deep inside of me loved to hear that come from her. I guess that's the motherly instinct that every woman has. For the past few days I've racked my brain thinking of some place to take her on this special day and I think I know where I wanna take her.

"Happy Birthday Charlie!" I said smiling as she came out of the bathroom. Yesterday before work, I went out and got her a very special gift. It took a while to actually find something that she would like but I found it. It's a little chain bracelet with all of her forms on it.

"I've got something for you." Her face lit up with joy as I pulled the small box from the pocket of my jeans and handed it to her. She tore into the wrapping before opening the box and seeing the bracelet.

"Oh this is so pretty! I love it!" Charlie said before jumping into my arms.

"I'm glad you like it. Here let me put it on you." I took the bracelet and clasped it around her wrist. Her smile never faded as she played with the animal charms.

"I can't wait to show my friends!"

"You'll have to do that later. Today we are spending the day out of school." I said smiling.

"Really? What are we gonna do?"

"I figured since you've never been to a Zoo before that we would go." I informed her. Charlie jumped up and down with excitement.

"Awesome! When are we going?"

"Right now. Put your shoes on." I said and she slipped her feet into her shoes. I have other things planned today as well for her special day.

We left our room after I grabbed my keys and cigarettes. She climbed into the passenger seat putting on her seatbelt as I got into the driver's seat putting on mine. I started up the car and punched in the address to the Bronx Zoo into my GPS system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~


I parked my muscle car into a parking space outside the zoo and shut down the engine. We stood in line waiting to get inside. My nose picked up every animal's scent but my wolf was suppressed. We finally got to the front of the line and I paid for us to get in. The first place we went to was the reptile house. Charlie was absolutely fascinated by the different snakes and lizards. After the reptile house we made our way over to a little area where she could pet some of the animals. I could tell some of the animals could sense our forms just by them not coming up to us. There were a few that didn't seem frightened of us. I guess they could also sense that we were friendly. I watched Charlie as she interacted with the animals. A smile never left her face as she fed some of the different animals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~


As the day progressed we saw a lot of animals. I think Charlie's favorite was the Elephants. When we had approached the Lion, Tiger, Bear, and Wolf enclosures those animals began speaking to us with their natural vocalizations. Both of us had to hold in the urge to call back to them. Once we left the Zoo, we went out to eat for dinner and then to the mall so I could buy anything Charlie wanted for this special day. She picked out a few things but didn't go crazy. At least her parents taught her something before abandoning her.

After the shopping spree was done, I brought her back to the mansion before I had to go to work. Storm met us at the garage as I turned the car to head back out the gate.

"Did you have fun Charlie?" Storm asked the little girl as she carried her stuffed animals I had bought for her at the zoo.

"Oh yes! We saw all kinds of animals!"

"I'll see you later Charlie. I'll be home after work." I said waving my hand out the window. Charlie ran back over to the car and pulled open my door before hugging me.

"Thanks for everything mom." I smiled as I hugged her.

"You're welcome little one." I let her go and she went back over to Storm. I closed my door and pulled out through the gates to go to work. I love that little girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
**I feel like such a horrible person for not updating in 5 days. I hope you all are not too upset with me.

So Christmas is right around the corner, I'd love to hear what you all have planned.

Always remember to...

Comment

Recommend

Subscribe!!!