Status: Completed. Make sure to move onto the sequel next :)

Suffer All The Children

One

In typical pathetic fallacy, it was of course a dark, stormy night in Belleville New Jersey and Michael Way sat alone in his room. Unless of course you consider a television and a Sega Genesis company. In that respect, Mikey was having quite a get together with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. His room was dark and the illumination from the television set reflected off of his glasses. The light washed out his skin and his sandy brown hair making it tint blue. He bit his lip as he twisted the controller in a slight fit of nervousness as he maneuvered a turn on the screen. His breathing even increased a bit as he leaned forward.

His mother would always say that he got too involved in his video games, he wouldn't argue, he may just have been, but in a neighborhood where he was hardly allowed outside and where even if he could have gone out, there was nothing for an eleven year old boy to do that wouldn't get him killed, she should have felt lucky that he was willing to sit at home and waste away in front of a television set than be more like the regular kid his age and push the envelope of safety that confined him.

Safety. It was all about staying safe. Little Mikey would never be exposed to the outside world for very long. Not even long enough for the sun to tan his pasty skin very much. He would briefly leave for school, and when he was old enough, work, but he would always return to the quiet warmth and safety of his home; The one place he could trust and know was good with the three other people that he would always know could be trusted and would love him.

Little did he know; he might have been better off in the street than in his warm, cozy, safe house.

As mentioned before, the night was dark and the weather stormy this particular night in Belleville. It was a Friday night and if Mikey hadn't been so deep into his video game, he would have heard his brother, Gerard, arguing in the kitchen downstairs with his parents on why exactly he should had been able to leave the safety of their house on such an undesirable night and instead see an art exposition with a girl who he claimed to be dating.

"You're not old enough," he would have heard his parents say.

"I'm fifteen!" He might have heard a pubescent voice retaliate.

The two parties would have argued back and forth for some time, there would have been cursing on his brother's part. His parents would get angry, but his brother wouldn't care. He'd go anyway! But his parents reminded him that he had no ride to get there. His bicycle worked just fine! But he would get drenched in the pouring rain. His brother would be flustered and hold onto a few 'ifs, ands, and buts' for a while, then, finally thwarted, Mikey would hear his brother stomp up the stairs, declaring his hate for his parents. He would hear Gerard punch the wall in angst and growl something wicked, then, after a pause, he would have heard the door next to his open and the phone turn on, and his brother dial a number on the phone, "Sal, they won't let me go," he would have heard his brother say, "can we try it over the phone?" There would have been a small conversation, and then start to make soft, slow groans just on the other side of the wall from him.

Of course, Mikey would certainly have noticed this under any other circumstances, but he was much too busy with his video games.

As the parental Way's put themselves to bed on the main floor, the storm progressed, rattling the trees, blowing rain diagonal; thunder shook the foundation of house, but their two children stayed awake, one at the verge of beating a long sought victory in a game, the other on the verge of simply beating off victoriously. However, in an instant, both of their goals became impossible. Later, they would find that a downed power line had caused the color to drain from Mikey's television screen and the color to build in Gerard's already flushed cheeks as his phone died and he was left with a rather hard problem to fix.

"Fuck!" They both screamed, Gerard after repeating the name of his girlfriend over and over, hysterically into a dead telephone; Mikey after pressing frantically on the buttons of his controller, trying to save the game as he was about to complete a bonus level and face off against Dr. Robotnik and was no over ten pixels from the next save point before the battle.

The loss of power, however, had snapped Mikey back into reality, and as he looked around his room, the anger from loosing his game was quickly replaced by an awkward phobia he seemed to have pertaining to storms. The boy's eyes cut to the door and he turned, shivering. He couldn't help the feeling of being watched. A shaky breath filled his chest and he looked to the wall- a grunt- his brother's room was that way.

"Gerard?" he asked, making an effort to raise his voice above a shake.

"Mmm…"

He furrowed his brow at the odd noise, then crawled to his bed and pulled the blanket off of it, wrapping himself in its contents. He climbed onto his bed and leaned against the wall, close to where he knew his brother would be on the other side, "Gerard… it's raining out…"

"It's been raining all night, Mikey, shut up. I'm busy."

"Oh," Mikey’s small body shook as a rumble of thunder rolled across the sky. He whimpered as the dark corners of his room illuminated with lightening. He swallowed and clenched the sheets, set on keeping his mind from the storm, "w-what are you doing over there?"

He jumped as his brother's fist hit the wall, "God damn it, Mike, shut it. I'm fucking busy. Go listen to some music."

Mikey's body trembled. He brought his hand to his mouth to stifle a scream as the thunder cracked again. Tears pooled in the inner corners of his eyes, he pressed further against the wall in search of comfort, "Busy with what?" He pulled the sheets in further to his body, "Can't I come over there and help you? I'll do anything you want…"

He heard Gerard start to chuckle, but stop just as sudden, then he made a small grunt and a slight moan, and took a deep, sharp breath in. "I don't know Mike…"

A boom of thunder caused Mikey to squeak in fear, he couldn't do much but shiver and whimper against the wall, "Gerard, I'll do anything. I swear. Please. I'll do anything. Just let me come over. Please."

"I…" Gerard was silent, Mikey yelped as his room lit up again, "You'll do anything?" Gerard repeated.

"Yes.”

"Anything I told you to?"

"Anything."

He could hear Gerard sigh, if he could have seen him, he'd be sure he nodded, "Alright. Come on over Mikey. Leave that ridiculous blanket in your room."

"Okay!" Mikey climbed off of his bed and pushed his blanket off, he took long steps to the door and turned quickly when he reached it, coming face to face with Gerard's closed one. He opened his mouth to speak, but his brother beat him to the punch.

"It's unlocked," Mikey nodded and reached forward to the door, pulling it open slowly. It was darker in Gerard's room. He always kept his curtains pulled and as dark as the night was outside, things were almost pitch black. Mikey hovered in the doorway, almost scared to come any closer, he looked up to Gerard for instructions. His brother was in bed sitting against the same wall that Mikey had been against moments before. His skin was so white that it almost glowed in the dark from the contrast and he could faintly see his features through the humid air. He found his eyes through the darkness and focused on the pitch black area that made up his irises and pupils and perceived a nod from his brother, "Close it behind you, Mikey. Lock it. Mm… fuck." Mikey watched his eyes squeeze shut. Was he in pain? "I said close the fucking door, Mikey!"

The boy shivered, the thunder still cracked above, but somehow, in Gerard's room, it seemed quieter, more than likely from the amount of attention he felt he had to pay toward the room to keep it from swallowing him whole. He nodded though, and stepped into the room. He pulled the door behind him until it clicked closed, then moved forward, his hand slipped from the doorknob. He would be safer near Gerard, "Lock it, goddamn it!"

The boy whimpered and obeyed Gerard, then looked up to him, his eyes wide from the crack of the storm. They met Gerard's pleading to be allowed to move forward, "What d-did you want me to help you with, Gerard?"

"Come here," he commanded, a ghostly white hand pointed to the floor near the bed, "Get on your knees."

Mikey nodded, to frightened to say a word, and moved to his knees in the spot where his brother indicated. His doe eyes blinked up at Gerard, his head tilted to the side slightly.

"Here," he took Mikey's chin and pulled it forward, tilting it down slightly, "close your eyes."

Mikey complied, taking a long, deep breath into his lungs, "Like this?" he asked breathily.

"Yes, like that. Here. Open." He felt Gerard's fingers at the parting of his lips and let his jaw line follow their direction widening his mouth with them. He stopped and held his mouth as they instructed. "Now stay still."

Mikey shivered, his brow furrowed, "Gerard, what's going on? M!"

He trembled, his face stung as he suspected Gerard's palm did, he felt his hair jerk back and his head tilt slightly upward, the fingers parted his lips back open, "Stay still."

His jaw line quivered, but Mikey held his lips parted open and kept his eyes closed, his breaths deep and shallow. He tried to speak without moving his lips, "Ger-are… 'm confuse-"

"Shut up!" Mikey nodded and held still, he felt Gerard tangle his fingers through his hair. He made an odd, soft groaning sound, moving Mikey's head closer to him. "Alright… now listen… you're not to say anything about this to mom and dad, got it?"

Mikey nodded, trying to keep his head where Gerard had placed it. He made a small noise of confirmation without moving his lips.

"Alright. You can't say anything to anyone. And you have to stay quiet."

Mikey nodded again, his body trembling, he didn't want to get hit again, "Mhm."

"Alright…" Gerard seized his chin again and moved it up to face him, "Lick your lips. Get them wet." He watched as Mikey obeyed, then moved his hand from Mikey's hair. "Don't flinch and keep your mouth open." His hand tightened on Mikey's jaw so he couldn't nod, causing the boy to whimper momentarily, before his brow furrowed as something warm and hard touched his bottom lip. He went to pull back, but Gerard moved him forward, his lips closed softly around the strange object. This made Gerard groan. Gerard liked it. It made Gerard happy. It was good. He wouldn't get hit.

He felt Gerard's hand move from his chin, and back up to his hair. The object moved in further to his mouth and he could feel Gerard do the same, his legs were warm and Mikey moved a hand up on his thigh, his fingers moved softly across the surface of Gerard's skin. He groaned again. He liked it. It was also good. He was doing good things.

"God…" Mikey felt Gerard's fingers twist through his hair again, they pushed his head forward into him, he gagged a little, his eyes tearing, "use your tongue Mike."

The boy nodded and slipped his tongue around the object, he made a noise to ask if it was okay. Gerard pushed his head in further and gripped his hair tighter. His arms extended and Mikey moved out, he moved his tongue against the object and Gerard moaned louder. He was doing a very good thing.

His head hurt though. The motions Gerard moved his head in made him whimper and cry, it tore at the strands of his hair until his head felt like it was stinging. Soon he started to work with the motion his head was moving. It hurt less, but Gerard had to keep adjusting his hands, his scalp felt like it was on fire, but every time he whimpered or cried it became more unbearable and his tears soon dried. He let himself stop thinking. He just worked and sucked and moved his tongue and there was more and more pressure mounting in his mouth as time progressed, the tears in his hair burned more and more as he kept going, Gerard's grunts grew louder and louder and he could only hope that there was an optimum point for these three to collide and that they would soon grow too high and just stop all together. And Mikey was right. They did.

The end wasn't as good as he'd hoped it would be though. A warm, sticky liquid filled his mouth and he wrenched back, the object along with it was too much. He felt sick.

He felt Gerard release his hair. He wanted to sigh in relief, but instead he shivered as he felt something tickle the back of his neck like a feather. The sensation made him nauseous.

"Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, come here… come here, baby…" Gerard pulled the object from his mouth and Mikey wrenched forward to spit out the liquid, "No!" He felt himself being pushed backward and he was soon on the floor. He opened his eyes. Gerard was on top of him. His hand closed in over his mouth. "Swallow it." Mikey whimpered and shook his head, his body trembled and his lungs expanded for air. "Do you think I'm fucking kidding?" His eyes widened as he watched Gerard's hand raised, clenched as a fist into the air. He shook his head quickly and strained his throat hard to swallow and convulsed, coughing and gasping for air.

When his mouth was clear, Gerard removed his hand. He pulled Mikey up into a position where he was sitting and blinked down at him, observing. "Are you okay?"

Mikey pulled his legs to him and hugged them close. He shook his head, burying his face in his knees.

"Shh…" Gerard moved behind him, he felt his arm wrap around his shoulders. His body was warm, Mikey moved closer. His body trembled, but Gerard felt good. He did it right. "You're alright, Mikey… don't worry… you're fine." Gerard's hand felt good on his back, "Come on now… you're alright…."

It moved down though, Gerard pulled him onto his lap, he was nice and warm. Mikey cried into his shoulder as his brother's hand moved to his pants. He undid them, and pulled them down, then moved his hand down, a gentle finger moved slowly across the inside of his thigh. It took him a while, but Mikey got used to it and he put his arms around Gerard's neck, closing his eyes and leaning his head into his shoulder.

Mikey made the most peculiar noises as Gerard's hand moved across his body. They were noises he never had heard before and it was hard to tell if he liked them or not. Regardless, he let them come. Gerard's hands were warm and soft, they fit in well to the boney crevasses of Mikey's skin. He let Mikey press against him as he felt him. It was the least he could probably do.

When Gerard was finished, he pulled Mikey's pants back up and buttoned them, then moved his hand slowly across the boy's face, using the tips of his fingers to brush it softly, "Are you okay, Mikey?"

The boy shook his head and looked up at him, their eyes met. "My head hurts, Gerard."

"Look down. I'll look at it."

Mikey obeyed he looked to the ground, but his brow furrowed. He moved his fingers out to feel what looked like feathers on the ground, but they felt more stringy. Like dry blades of grass… but softer… hair? The boy winced as Gerard lifted his fingers and felt his scalp. It still burned, "What's wrong with it?" He looked up at Gerard. He looked nervous, "Gerard?"

His brother was silent for a few moments, then looked down at him, exhaling a deep breath from his chest, "Mikey, do you trust me?" Mikey nodded, Gerard continued, "Okay. Stand up."

The older Way placed his hand on the small of Mikey's back and helped him stand, then walked him to the door, unlocked it, and pulled it open. He walked Mikey to his room, sat him on his bed, and instructed him to stay, then went to his closet, flipping on a switch for the lights. A soft glow filled the room and Mikey squeezed his eyes closed.

"Look Mike," he squeezed his eyes open. Gerard had told him to look, "power's back on." It burned his eyes to see all the light all at once, but he smiled a little up at Gerard, shivering. 

"C-can I close them again?" Gerard furrowed his brow, then nodded and Mikey shut his eyes, using his hand to block the light. He kept them closed until he couldn't see the glare of it through his eye lids anymore, then blinked a bit and watched Gerard move forward to him. He stopped in front of him.

"Look up at me."

Mikey did, and cringed as Gerard fitted a knit cap onto his head. The burns on his head throbbed, Gerard hit his hand away as he tried to take the beanie off, "Don't touch it." He let Gerard push him backward to his bed and lay there, watching up at him for directions. From the last hour or so, he could tell that it was best to wait for Gerard to speak before acting. "Just lay here until morning, alright? I'll come get you when you're allowed to get up."

Mikey nodded and lay where Gerard had put him in his bed, watching his brother move toward his door, "Yes."

His eyes focused on Gerard as he reached to the door. He wouldn't take them off of him. He could have missed an order. He only stopped though. He didn't turn around, Mikey watched his fingers tighten on his doorknob, one of the fingers that had felt up his body was now doing the same to the brass handle, "And Mikey?"

The boy smiled when he said his name "Yes, Gerard?"

"Do you love me?"

He nodded, pulling the blankets around himself, "Yes, Gerard."

"You'll stay there for me?"

Mikey nodded his head, "Yes."

"And you won't tell anyone about this?"

Mikey shook his head quickly, "Oh, no!"

"Good boy," sighed Gerard. He flashed him a small smile, then pulled the door closed behind him. Mikey heard him go all the way to his room and lay in the bed on the wall next to him. Mikey moved up close to it and smiled, snuggling close to it. He tried to stay awake all night listening to his brother in the room next door. Gerard hadn't told him to sleep and it didn't hurt when he made Gerard happy.