And She Made the Shape of My Heart With Her Hands

Lovers & Oxygen

After my little chat with John, I knew that my mind and emotions would go on a crazed rampage for sure, so I somehow managed to completely disconnect my senses and brain.

Cool, right?

Sure. If you were an emotionally wrecked and confused girl, then sure. Cool.

I was now walking through the darkened hallway, the one with death traps waiting for me. Again, I took extra caution while passing through. I stepped over the metal obstacles with my arms away from my body to keep my balance. It worked for the most part.

“Cara?”

My head whipped up at the familiar voice directed towards me, almost making me tip over and fall. It was Jared, of course. His expression held confusion, but with a slight hint of amusement.

“Huh?”

“Uh… What are you doing?” He asked, still studying my arms out like an airplane.

“Um… I’m trying not to end up in the Emergency Room again, I guess,” I answered, finally standing up straight and putting my arms down like a normal person.

Jared chuckled and took a few strides my way. He then hooked his arm securely yet casually around my waist and yanked me forward until things were clear of that metal jungle.

I laughed. “Thanks, Jared.”

“No big deal,” he answered, smiling.

“Hey, where’s everybody else?”

Jared paused and squinted his eyes in thought. “Kennedy is… somewhere around here, doing who knows what. Your brother is around here talking to God knows who. Pat was walking around with your brother for a bit, but I think he’s back. As for John… I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.”

I barely flinched at the last part. I knew where John O’Callaghan was.

After thanking Jared again and giving him a smile, I walked away and went back to where I was before; that shitty table.

“Hey,” Pat said softly with a gentle smile as he noticed me approaching.

“Hey you,” I greeted back just as warmly. I walked up to him and slithered my arms around his neck, giving him a hug.

Pat chuckled in amusement and minor surprise, but wound his arms around my waist anyway.

“You’re so awesome,” I mumbled randomly just loud enough for him to hear.

He let out a laugh that made his body jolt once. “Thanks, Cara. You’re pretty sweet, too.”

I grinned. “Thank you.”

After another couple seconds of me pretty much hanging onto Pat for dear life, he pulled back from me. Keeping me at arms’ length, Pat’s expression was a little confused but still had that small smile that still made my pulse quicken.

“What?” I asked dumbly, wondering why in the world Pat was just staring at me.

“Nothing,” Pat replied with the left corner of his mouth curving up into a grin.

My forehead creased a little. “Is there something on my face or something?”

Pat chuckled, showing his perfectly white teeth. “No, your face is fine and gorgeous, like always.” Pat swooped down a little and kissed my nose once before pulling back.

I could feel the blush coming on clearly. “U-Uh, thank you,” I sheepishly said back.

“No, thank you,” Pat said while he grinned widely, putting particular emphasis on ‘you’.

I grinned back shyly, the dark pink heat still covering my cheeks. “Pat…”

Pat Kirch beamed back at me, his deep chocolate eyes sparkling back at me.

If I was physically able to, I know I would’ve melted into a puddle of Cara right then and there.

“Rawr,” Pat stated charmingly before bending down and locking his lips with mine.

My lips fit perfectly upon Pat’s as they glided over each other. The pressure was added, subtracted, and then added once again. My broken arm rested comfortably near his neck and shoulder, while my well hand found Pat’s smooth hair and tangled within the dark locks. I could feel Pat’s fingertips above my hipbones and his palms along my abdomen steadily. I then felt his one hand wander further, stopping at the small of my back.

With our chests almost pressed against each other’s, our pulses quickened and the need for air was stronger. We both followed our instincts. I could feel Pat’s warm tongue just meeting my awaiting lips. Trying not to seem eager, I counted to three before I let my mouth open a little for him. Pat stopped tracing the outline of my bottom lip and sensually glided forward.

I took a quarter of a step ahead, making the small contact of our bodies even greater. My one leg was as straight as a board, too stiff to move after that, while the other was loosely bent at the knee. The hand that was lodged through Pat’s hair had dropped down to lightly yet securely land on his jaw and cheek.

My lungs started to spasm a little, seeing as how I hadn’t gotten oxygen for a little now. Yes, air was precious, but Pat was better.

Giving in to my body’s essential needs, I reluctantly detached my lips from Pat’s. While I was mutedly gasping for breath, Pat took in a couple gusts of air right before planting sweet kisses next to my mouth and upon my jaw. He soon made it down to where my neck and jaw met.

That’s where I let out a small, needy, desperate little noise. I wasn’t even sure what it was until I figured what it just had to be. But yes, that small and deprived whimper surpassed through my lips.

I felt the sweet breath of air Pat blew across my skin in a satisfied sigh. I could feel his proud and triumphant smile leaning into my skin. He placed only one more divine kiss on the skin of my neck before nuzzling into it for a moment more.

Being a tad shaky at first, my hand moved to stroke his hair tenderly. I continued to do so as my breathing became normal again.

“I,” Pat said so, so quietly that I wasn’t sure if it was a word or gasp of air, “love you.”

I swallowed nervously, but without hesitation, still replied softly, “Love you too, Pat.”

And it was true. I did love Pat Kirch.

It’s just that I wasn’t completely sure if he was the only one exactly…
♠ ♠ ♠
If you haven’t heard yet…
I’m starting a whole different story to continue this. Yes, a sequel, because this story is supposed to focus on the adventures of the Soundtrack of Your Summer tour, which in the story, is coming to end within a few ‘days’.
Tell me what you think.
Please.
[:

{By the way, sorry this wasn't out yesterday. I wasn't home at all so I couldn't post.}