And She Made the Shape of My Heart With Her Hands

Coincidences & Déjà Vu

Have you ever felt like shaken up? Maybe like spooked?

Maybe you felt like that after seeing someone get hurt pretty badly or even right after almost getting hurt yourself. You could’ve felt like shaken up right after realizing that the car in front of you could have been yours instead, and that that driver that’s crying because their car was smashed from an oncoming truck, could’ve been you.

You’ve felt like that before, right?

If you don’t know what I’m saying then I can’t really help you there. But if you do know what I mean then you can understand the feeling I had right about now.

Pat Kirch had just said that he loved me. I told him I loved him back.

Then what’s the problem? It’s not like I was lying, right?

Right. I honestly can say that I wasn’t lying when I told Pat I loved him.

Then, again, what’s the problem here?

Well… John. The problem was that damn spark that blasted between John and I. It’s something… It’s like… Honestly, I can’t even describe the relationship between him and I.

But there was something that freaked me out a bit. It was the way John somehow knew things. It’s the weird coincidence that John had asked me while his arms were around me, whether or not Pat had told me he loved me yet. And then, possibly only an hour later almost, Pat happened to tell me those three big words right after sharing that amazing physical and emotional feeling.

What was that?

A mere freaky coincidence? Some sort of déjà vu?

I’ve got absolutely no idea.

“Are you cold?”

“Uh, no. I’m fine,” I answered Pat, turning myself into his body a little more.

“Well are you comfortable?” Pat caringly asked me with those beautiful questioning brown eyes.

I tilted my head up a little more to meet his gaze better. I then smiled a little genuinely and replied softly, “I’m really okay, Pat.”

“You sure? ‘Cause these van seats get uncomfortable, and I-”

“Pat!” I giggled a little and reached for his hand. “I’m very comfortable sitting here with you. Relax, hun.” I squeezed his hand gently before burying my face into Pat’s side with a smile still planted on my expression.

Pat’s arm reached around me to pull me closer into him by my shoulders. He kissed me on the top of the head and said quietly, “Okay. I’m just making sure you’re good and all.”

I laughed softly and grinned. “Aren’t you tired though?”

Pat pursed his lips for a moment in consideration. “Well…” he started, blinking a couple times. “I was getting pretty tired until you came back and we… you and I…” Pat sighed with slightly amused frustration. “Yeah. You know,” he finished as a common bashful smile crossed upon his cherubic face.

I tried to keep my cool and just smile knowingly back, but I couldn’t help it. I just had to blush.

Pat chuckled softly. “Aw,” he commented while studying my face.

I smiled a little as I buried my face into Pat’s side in embarrassment.

He let out one soft laugh. “Come on, Cara. You’re not… embarrassed about us… kissing and stuff, right?”

I pulled my face away from his side quickly. I then looked into his brown eyes. They had worry clearly floating within them. “Of course not, Pat!” I pulled a stray piece of my hair away from my cheek. “I’m embarrassed because I’m blushing like a little innocent girl.”

“Oh,” Pat answered me in a small voice. It was cute. “I thought you might be embarrassed about you and I kissing. I don’t really know what I’m talking about half the time. I-I mean, I’ve only had a total of one girlfriend, you, so I’m sort of-”

“Pat!” I stopped him, letting out a few laughs. “Calm down.”

Pat grinned a little and averted his gaze down. “Sorry,” he said softly. “You just make me sort of nervous and stupid sometimes,” he admitted timidly.

“I’m sorry,” I giggled lightly.

Pat’s face spread into a greatly bright smile that could light up even Hell’s darkest depths. “Don’t be,” he stated before kissing my lips tenderly.

I smiled into the kiss as my good hand tangled into Pat’s messy hair. Pat pulled back for a second before attaching our lips thankfully again. He leaned back towards the window a little, bringing me with him. Suddenly, we heard the driver’s seat door loudly open, followed by the other van door swing open obnoxiously, well interrupting us.

We both pulled away at the same time and fixed ourselves. Well, mostly I did.

As my brother climbed into the van, he glanced back at us. He then did an almost double take.

Pat and I stayed still, both of us had our heads slightly angled down, and both of us had redder cheeks than everyone else’s.

“Ew, dude,” he mostly directed towards Pat. “Ugh,” Garrett huffed as he rolled his eyes and sat down ahead of us.

I side-glanced at Pat, who caught me looking over at him. He smiled, or rather beamed back at me. I cracked a knowing smile back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, you know what I just realized?
I noticed that I never asked you guys if you knew what Maine song this story’s title’s from.
Wanna guess?
[:

{For those of you in the United States, (cause I’m pretty sure other countries don’t celebrate this), Happy Thanksgiving! *gobble gobble*}