Lacuna Coil, A Band Of Wonders

Lacuna Coil, A Band Of Wonders It all stared in Milan, Italy in the year of 1994. A small band by the name of Ethereal were in the works. At that time the band only consisted of two men, vocalist Andrea Ferro and bass player and keyboardist Marco Coti-Zelati. Later on when the boys signed to the record company Century Media, they had to change their band name from Ethereal, due to the name was already taken to what is now Lacuna Coil. The meaning of the name is Empty Spiral. By that time they had asked their lady friend Cristina Scabbia to join the band. When she agreed things really started to take off. Soon after that when they went on their first tour they met up with guitarist Cristiano Migliore and drummer Cristiano Mozzati. That was when the band was a whole.

A few years later in 1998 the band released a self titled EP, in which was not well known. In which to support themselves they went on their first tour. After the tour, the band had their first real CD out. The Cd was named 'In a Reverie' and was not that successful, at first. After they had started touring for this album they added their second guitarist Marco Biazzi. To support themselves further they went touring and that was when they started working on their second EP in which they named 'Half-Life'. That was when they started to get a little more noticed in Europe. Still, to them America is where they wanted to get noticed, so they kept going. In 2001 the band released their second full-length album 'Unleashed Memories', this album had little success in America, but it got a lot of people's attention.

In 2002 the band decided to make another full-length album by the name of 'Comalies'. This album had made a major success in America and had help start them off to what they are today. They had singles that came off of this album. 'Swamped' and 'Heaven's A Lie', are the two best known ones. Both songs were made into video's and both received wide air play on the radio. The band has since then been recognized and loved by many all over the world. After 'Comalies' Lacuna Coil waited a year to soak in their newly found fame and in 2006 they released 'Karmacode'. This CD is their most popular yet and has also been their most "hit" maker it consisted of singles like 'Our Truth', 'Enjoy The Silence', 'Within Me', and 'Closer'. This band is not over yet and are expecting a CD and DVD sometime this year.

Latest articles