Greg Grunberg

Greg Grunberg Gregory Phillip "Greg" Grunberg (nicknamed "Grunny" ) was born on July 11, 1966 in Los Angeles, California. He's an American television actor, and from 2006 to present is starring on NBC's Heroes as Matt Parkman. Other well known roles are Sean Blumberg, Felicity (1998-2002) and Eric Weiss on Alias (2001-2006), both produced by his childhood friend J. J. Abrams.

Grunberg's career began in 1990 starring in guest roles on various television shows, however his first major breakthrough was in 1998 playing Sean Blumberg in Felicity. His next major piece of work was on Alias between 2001 and 2006 playing Eric Weiss. However, when another opportunity came around, he left Alias to star on NBC's sitcom, Grand Union.

Since 2003, Abrams planned on creating a television series called The Catch about a bounty hunter, with Grunny playing the main character. Originally it was going to be aired in the 04-05 and 05-06 seasons, the series was never produced - only a pilot was created. Abrams also cast Greg in a minor role for the pilot of the 2004 series of Lost. He also starred in the season finale, however his scenes were cut, but were included on the season 1 DVD set. Abrams also cast him for a small role in Mission Impossible 3.

Grunberg's biggest and most recent role is in the NBC TV show Heroes. He plays Officer Matt Parkman, who has the power to hear other people's thoughts. Greg has also guest starred on House, and was offered a part in the new Star Trek movie, (also produced by Abrams) but was unable to accept, because of a another project he is working on. FBI agent Ethan Thomas in the video game Condemned: Criminal Origins is voiced be Greg.

Grunberg is heavily involved with raising awareness of epilepsy, because his son, Jake, has epilepsy. He has created his own website Talk About It and band Band From TV which both put money towards epilepsy charities. In March 2007, Greg served as the chair of the first National Walk for Epilepsy, presented by the Epilepsy Foundation.

Last month he revealed Talk About It.org and later this month Band From TV will be performing at another charity event, Heroes For Autism.

To find out more about Grunny, these links will be handy:

Greg's official website
Greg on IMDB
Band From TV
Talk About It

Latest articles