Britney Spears: What You Know and Don't Know

Britney Spears: What You Know and Don't Know Britney Jean Spears, 27, is not all you might think she is. She is a beautiful, talented singer, dancer, songwriter, actress, author, pianist and director (according to the internet, anyways). Just because she’s had a troubled past and may have done some “stupid” things, doesn’t mean everyone has to hate her and call her “crazy”. If only you were in her shoes.

Spears was born in Mississippi and raised in Louisiana with two siblings, Bryan and Jamie-Lynn. I was surprised as I researched this, but she was very successful during her early years. She was featured on a show called Star Search, and even though she ultimately lost, she still one the first round, at the young age of eleven. Then she spot the role on the Disney show called The Mickey Mouse Club House until she was the age of thirteen. Then in ’97 she joined a “girl-band” called Innosense, and later recorded own demo and was signed to Jive Records.

She was featured on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine in 1999, in very little articles of clothing, and the music industry called it “child pornography” half jokingly, but really it wasn’t a joke at all. The American Family Association sued or charged against the pictures and got any “god-loving Americans” to boycott any stores that carried her album. And this was only the beginning.

In 2004, Spears married Jason Allen Alexander, which lasted maybe 55 hours, because in a nutshell they had no idea what “love” and “commitment” really was. Later that same year she announced her engagement to Kevin Federline, three months after they first met, they got married without notice, filled legal papers, then one year later poof she had her first child with Federline, Sean Preston Federline.

Through the years of 2006 to 2007, a lot happened with Ms. Spears. One of the first being the scandal where she was driving with her almost one-year old son on her lap. And in August of 2006 she posed nude for the cover of a magazine. And two days later she gives birth to her second son, Jayden. And after all that her aunt dies of Cancer, and she was very close to this aunt, in 2007. It might not have been easy for her. After that happened, she went into drug-rehabilitation for less then 24 hours, then the following night she went to a salon and cut all her hair off with electric clippers. Following that she admitted and left drug-rehabilitation, and the day before Kevin requested an emergency hearing for custody over there two children, which was canceled, but then Britney filed for divorce, and physical and legal custody over there sons. The couple reached an agreement in March of 2007 and everything was finalized that July.

All Throughout 2007, Spear’s behavior owned her a lot of media attention. It got so bad, that she attacked a paparazzi vehicle with an umbrella.

Spears left rehabilitation March 20th. Even when she was released she was fighting over the custody of Sean and Jayden, which she lost after September of 2007 when the custody battle were announced by the court. She was ordered to undergo random drug and alcohol testing’s and attend parenting counseling. A few days later she was officially charged with misdemeanor hit-and-run and driving without a license. If convicted she would have faced a year in hail. At that point she lost custody in October, with the court ruling that Federline would keep full custody of the children. The charged of her hit-and-run that occurred in August 2007 were officially laid, and she was booked for the charged by the L.A Police Department also in October, but was not arrested.

After this point in her life it is not hard to see that all of the things she has done haven’t been on purpose, and she isn’t crazy either. The main cause to all of this would be the paparazzi, as stated above, and how they would never leave her alone. And the fact that she was a celebrity and being one includes a lot of drama.

Anyways, on the evening of January 3, 2008 after not sleeping for four or more days she refused to get custody of her children, to Federline’s representatives. In response, the police were called to Spear’s home, and shortly after she was hospitalized, and after a month of going from medical center’s and being put under conservatorship of her father, and after a restraining order was issued against Sam Lutfi, she was released for a hospital on February 6, with speculation that she has bipolar disorder. In July of 2008 Spears and Federline reached a custody settlement in which Federline retains sole custody while Spears keeps her visitation rights.

Later in 2008 Britney “epitomizes the crucible of fame for the famous: loving it, hating it and never quite being able to stop it from destroying you.” From that piece of information you could say it is hard being a well-known celeb such as Spears.

Right now in 2009, Spears is on The Circus Tour Staring Britney Spears, which I presume is a world tour. She is even bringing along her kids Sean and Jayden so they can see the world with her.

And in Conclusion, you can’t really say you “hate” or “dislike” her, because you can never say that unless they have committed a crime. Most of everyone say they hate Spears because she has a troubled past, but just like Miley Cyrus, have you stayed tune long enough to hear that other side out, the good and positive side, the innocence?

Latest articles