Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato Born on August 20, 1992, Demi (Demetria Devonne Lovato) has risen quickly to fame. From Dallas, Texas, she has definitely made herself known all around the world. What truly got her career set off was her performance in Camp Rock, a Disney Channel movie, where she performed alongside Joe Jonas. Soon after that she had recorded her first album, Don’t Forget. Her best friend, Selena Gomez, from Wizards of Waverly Place, soon joined her in the limelight. Both young actresses share something in common: they both began to sing and record when they joined Disney. Demi has now starred in numerous movies and shows, including Princess Protection Program and her present day show Sonny With A Chance.

Sonny With a Chance

A present-day show on Disney, this show has given so many laughs with its exuberant cast and of course with its star pupil, Demi Lovato! Sonny Monroe is a teenage girl that joined a group of teenagers in a live comedy show called So Random! In her section with Tawny Heart, both play the Check-It-Out girls, checking out groceries at a counter. This show is sometimes known as a child version of Saturday Night Live, and is similar to the old children shows, The Amanda Show and All That. This show debuted on February 8, 2009, and the cast is currently filming its second season.

Princess Protection Program

Directed by Allison Liddi, Demi finally got to premiere on the screen alongside her best friend, Selena Gomez, in this movie about how royalty meets normal. Well, what you might call normal. Selena Gomez plays Carter, a down-to-earth girl who works at a local bait shop. When Princess Rosalinda steps into the picture, both of their lives seem to change. Rosalinda, her name shortened to Rosie has changed her identity and joined the Princess Protection Program when her tiny country is invaded by an evil dictator. Both girls from separate worlds completely, they learn what friendship truly is.

As the Bell Rings

Being the first show that she was ever on, this joins Camp Rock in the list of what started off her career. This short, in-between-episodes show that showed during commercials isn’t extremely watched, but it was the first show that Demi sang in. Her first song ever on television, “Shadow,” premiered her talent.

Camp Rock

Similar to high school musical, this movie was released on June 20, 2008, and was Demi’s major jump to stardom. A girl who dreams of finally getting to go to this camp for singers finally gets her dream when her mom volunteers to work for the kitchen. While she's there, she meets some very interesting people, like in almost every Disney movie, and she learns to step out of her shell, and show the whole world who she really is. At the finale of this movie, Mitchie Torres (Demi) is the one with all the eyes when she joins Shane Gray (Joe Jonas) to sing “This Is Me,” which played on the radio constantly for months after the movie was released.

Demi and Selena: Best Friends

Both from Texas, these two seem unseparable. They have shared the screen in films, shared the microphone in a song, and Selena even joined Demi in her television show once. If that’s not friendship, I have no idea what is. These best friends have thousands of pictures together and you can find their youtube channel, which is mostly where they put goofy videos of them having fun and the information of what they will be doing next, such as recent shows or upcoming videos.

Let's Sum it Up

Her bubbly personality and well-known smile makes her easy to talk to, and she makes for a great laugh. She has a bright future ahead of her, with both of her singing and acting careers, and I can promise you will be seeing a lot more of her!

Latest articles