Kidnapped Camel and Pony

Kidnapped Camel and Pony The Capital of Texas Zoo located in Cedar Creek, TX is currently in distress because two of their animals have been stolen. A camel that stands nearly six feet tall and a tiny pony were abducted from the zoo sometime Tuesday night, from a pasture in the zoo. When zoo officials entered the pasture on Wednesday morning, the two animals were nowhere to be found.

Michael Hicks, the founder of the zoo, stated that he believed the thief had been waiting for rainy weather to help cover his or her tracks.

The two animals were an odd attraction at the zoo. Hicks described the two critters as being "best friends." Guests were always entertained by watching the large camel be followed around by his miniature friend.The camel, who is named Moses, is three years old and his companion pony Coco is nearly 25 years old.

All of the zoo staff have said that they are quite heartbroken over the loss of the two animals. An investigation is underway, to hopefully aid in the safe return of the two beloved animals. Moses the camel was particularly popular with young children because of his sweet nature. He was often used as a zoo ambassador of sorts, making visits to local schools to help educate children on animals and what the zoo has to offer to the community.

In addition to an emotional loss, Moses the camel was worth nearly five thousand dollars, making him a financial loss as well. "This is somebody," says hicks, " who's in the business and realized his worth and had a market for him.

Currently, a four hundred dollar reward is being offered to anyone who can provide useful information that leads to the safe recovery of the two animals.

Latest articles