Store Refuses To Make 'Adolf' Cake

Store Refuses To Make 'Adolf' Cake Every 3-year-old loves cake, especially when their name is written on it in yummy, tasty frosting. For the Campbell family, getting this kind of cake was more than a hassle: it was a controversy.

Deborah Campbell, 25, phoned the local ShopRite in Hunterdon County, New Jersey to request a birthday cake for her young son. She told the bakery that she wanted her son's name inscribed on the cake, but upon hearing the name the store put her in contact with a supervisor, who told her that her request was inappropriate.

Her son's name is - Adolf Hitler Campbell, and it is quite obvious why his name was denied on the cake. He has two younger sisters named JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell.

Heath Campbell, the father, stated that he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and it was unique. Says Mr. Campbell, "no one else in the world would have that name."

Unfortunately for the Campbells, ShopRite has a strict policy regarding offensive cake decorations. Karen Meleta, a spokeswoman from ShopRite, stated, "We reserve the right not to print anything on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate. We considered this inappropriate." She also went on to say how ShopRite had already denied similar requests from the same family over the past two years. One of these requests included a swastika design on the cake, an obvious controversial issue.

While being interviewed about this bizarre turn of events, Mr. Campbell stated that he was raised not to mix with people of other races socially or romantically, but he said that he will try and raise his three children differently.

In the end, the Campbells managed to get the cake they wanted from a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania. Anna Taylor (Wal-Mart spokeswoman) said that the company thought it important to respect the views of customers and employees alike, even if it meant inscribing something a little out of the ordinary on a cake.

Looks like little Adolf Hitler Campbell will be getting his birthday cake after all. He's even having a party - and inviting children of different ethnic backgrounds. Hey, maybe there's hope yet.

Latest articles