Girl Suing Tattoo Artist for Inking 56 Stars on Face

Girl Suing Tattoo Artist for Inking 56 Stars on Face Belgium resident Kimberley Vlaminck, 18, is attempting to sue a Romanian tattoo artist for the sum of £10,000, as retribution for the 56 stars that now grace the left the side of her face. According to Kimberly she went in to his shop, The Tattoo Box, located in her hometown of Courtrai, and told tattooist Rouslan Toumaniantz that she wanted, "three little stars only near my left eye.”

Vlaminck then claims that she fell asleep when Toumaniantz was tattooing the stars on her - and woke up to 53 more stars than she asked for tattooed on her skin. She then went home, where she was greeted by her father and boyfriend, both of whom were not pleased at what they saw.

Toumaniantz challenges the teen’s story, saying that she knew exactly what it was that she wanted, and also that, “She was awake and looked into the mirror several times as the procedure was taking place.” He claims that there was absolutely no protestation said about what had been done to the girl’s face when she was in the shop, and that the problem only came about when Kimberley’s father and boyfriend “threw a fit” at the end result, at which point she began to cry foul.

“They are saying things now like I doped her or hypnotized her. What rubbish”, says the tattoo artist. “She asked for 56 stars and that’s what she got.”

Kimberly claims that the artist could not understand her French and English words, and that was where the misunderstanding had to come from. “I think he didn’t understand what I wanted,” the distraught teen explained. “He spoke only fractured English and French.”

Removing the stars is a process that would cost roughly £8,500, but even the best and most advanced laser treatments would leave the girl with white-colored scars where the stars once were. Kimberly, however, is adamant that the stars be gotten rid of for good. “It is terrible for me”, she says. “I cannot go out on to the street, I am so embarrassed. I just look horrible.”

Kimberly has already begun legal proceedings against the Romanian tattooist, seeking compensation to cover the cost of the laser removal procedure.

Source 1.
Source 2.

Latest articles