Girl with 56 Stars Tattooed on Face Admits She Asked for Them

Girl with 56 Stars Tattooed on Face Admits She Asked for Them As a follow-up to this article, posted last week, we now know the complete truth behind the case of 18-year-old Kimberley Vlaminck and the 56 stars that she claimed were tattooed upon her face after she fell asleep in an artist’s shop.

Originally, Kimberley claimed that she asked the artist, Rouslan Toumaniantz, who owns The Tattoo Box in Courtrai, Belgium, to tattoo three small stars beside her left eye. She then said that she fell asleep in the chair while he was tattooing her face, only to wake up with 53 more stars than she originally asked for. When she went home, it was to face an infuriated father, and an equally angry boyfriend. Quickly, she put forth her plan to sue the Romanian tattoo artist for the money she would need to have the ink removed by means of advanced laser treatments, claiming that the man only spoke fractured English and French and that he couldn’t understand what she actually wanted.

Toumaniantz disputed the girl’s claims, saying that Kimberley knew exactly what she wanted done when she walked into his shop that night, and she received only what she asked for. He did eventually, however, agree to pay half of the sum that Kimberley asked of him.

“I maintain that she absolutely agreed that I tattoo those 56 stars on the left side of her face”, the artist, who is covered head-to-toe with an abundance of tattoos and piercings himself, firmly stated. However, he agreed to pay about £4,500 to the girl nevertheless, maintaining that, “Kimberley is unhappy and it is not my wish to have an unsatisfied client."

Toumaniantz has now withdrawn that offer - because Kimberly, as she recently admitted, lied about the entire incident.

“I asked for 56 stars and initially adored them”, the girl said. “But when my father saw them, he was furious. So I said I fell asleep and that the tattooist made a mistake."

The tattoo artist doesn’t regret the incident. “To tell you the truth, this has given me some publicity”, he admits. He has, however, said that from now on he will get written consent from any future clients before he ever lets his tattoo gun near their skin.

Source.

Latest articles