The North Face Apparal Files Lawsuit Against The South Butt.

The North Face Apparal Files Lawsuit Against The South Butt. In effort to help pay for college tuition, freshman Jimmy Winkelmann of The University of Missouri-Columbia created The South Butt clothing line, a parody of clothing company The North Face. Instead of telling customers to "Never Stop Exploring" as The North Face does, Winkelmann tells them to "Never Stop Relaxing."

Little did Winkelmann know that a friendly parody would turn into a major lawsuit against his company for trademark infringement. Despite this, The South Butt creator and his attorney, Albert Watkins, are not discouraged. Watkins explained in an interview that he tried to explain to The North Face that "the consuming public is insightful enough to know the difference between a face and a butt." Winkelmann said in an interview that he had no idea that The North Face would actually care about a "little South Butt kid from St. Louis."

The suit was filed on the tenth of December in what attorney Watkins calls their own version of saying "happy holidays!"

On his website, Winkelmann writes, "We are not in any fashion related to nor do we want to be confused with The North Face Apparel Corp. or its products sold under 'The North Face' brand. If you are unable to discern the difference between a face and a butt, we encourage you to buy North Face products."

In the meantime, Jimmy Winkelmann says he is planning to enjoy his holiday season and study for his final exams.

Latest articles