Teenager Arrested For Planned Airplane Hijacking

Teenager Arrested For Planned Airplane Hijacking The teenager planned to take control of a plane and crash it into the Lafayette Cajundome in Louisiana on the night of the Hannah Montana concert scheduled for Friday night. A plane ticket to Louisiana was found in the boy's possession. FBI spokesman, George Bolds, stated that the boy confessed his intentions of crashing the plane and dying in Louisiana, where he once lived.

"His stated intent was to hijack the airplane and commit suicide," said Bolds. The spokesman is unsure whether or not the concert was an important part of the plan.

His plan included overpowering the flight crew and tying them up with duct tape, rope, and handcuffs. These items were obtained by the FBI after the boy was taken into custody by the police. According to authorities, these items are not prohibited when air traveling, so the boy was not suspected of any threats while passing through the first airport.

Although no endangering events took place on the Southwest Airlines Flight 284 from California to Tennessee, the boy was sent to the Davidson County juvenile detention center in Nashville. He was charged with felony terrorism and could also face federal charges.

Details have not been released regarding how the police suspected the boy's supposed suicide plan.

Latest articles