Unearth Recording Brutal New Album

Unearth Recording Brutal New Album Metal Blade Records favorite, Unearth have begun recording a new album set for release in October. It will be the follow-up to 2006's III: In the Eyes of Fire.

The band is once again teaming up with long time friend, Adam Dutkiewicz of Killswitch Engage fame. The recording will take place in the band's home state of Massachusetts at System Recording Studios. Drum tracks will be laid out by friend, and frequent fill-in drummer, Derek Kerswill (Seemless, Kindom of Sorrow). The as-of-now untitled album promises to be the "most dynamic material to date" that the band has put out.

"HEAVY METAL MAYHEM! NOW WITH 50% MORE GUITAR SOLOS!!! If the new Unearth songs were laundry detergent, then this is what it would say on the box," explains lead guitarist, Buz McGrath. "Fortunately for all you metal maniacs, it's not laundry soap but a mind-blowing journey consisting of epic mosh and shred, so we had to call in the one man who could wrangle such a massive beast - Adam Dutkiewicz. We are very excited to be working with him again and between 40 oz. chugging and doing burn-outs in Ken's '82 Corvette, we are recording what will definitely be the best album of our career."

For a sneak preview of Unearth at the studio, visit the band's MySpace. In the coming weeks, more sneak peeks will be made available. This will include video footage, riffs, and excerpts of the new music.

Unearth, which formed in 1998, has become one of the most influential and proven band of its time. Their relentless tour schedual has seen them with metal giants such as Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne (Ozzfest in both 2004 and 2006) and hand picked to open for Slayer in 2007. On August 1, they will play mainstage at metal's biggest festival, Wacken Open Air. They will share the stage with Iron Maiden, At the Gates, Carcuss, and many other heavy hitters.

In addition to McGrath and Kerswill, the band includes vocalist Trevor Phipps, guitarist Ken Susi, and bassist John "Slo" Maggard.

Latest articles