Bond's Moneypenny Dies

Bond's Moneypenny Dies LONDON - Lois Maxwell, one of many Bond's girls, has died at the age of 80 in Fremantle Hospital in Australia, reported BBC Sunday.

Widely known as Miss Moneypenny, she played in 14 movies based on James Bond's character. The first role of that Canadian actress as a Bond's girl was side by side with Sean Connery in the first Bond film called "Dr No" back in 1962. Starring alongside with Connery, she played a role of a secretary to secret chief M until 1985 when Connery was replaced with Roger Moore.

"She was a very fine actress and had a great sense of humor. It was a great disappointment to her that she had not been promoted to play M. She would have been a wonderful M", stated Roger Moore yesterday.

Lois Maxwell was born in 1927, in Kitchener, Ontario. She began her career on radio but soonely she left home to join the army. She won a Golden Globe award for the Shirley Temple movie That Hagen Girl. She also appeared in Stanley Kubrick’s Lolita, the CBS TV series Adventures in Rainbow Country and also had her column in the Toronto Sun newspaper appearing under the name of Miss Moneypenny.

Her last movie was a thriller from 2001 called The Fourth Angel.

Latest articles