Travis McCoy And Katy Perry Dating

Travis McCoy And Katy Perry Dating The popular British singer, Katy Perry and the famous hip-hop/alternative rock band's Gym Class Heroes' frontman Travis McCoy have come out to the public that they are dating - and have been since December of 2007.

"We're going to spend the whole summer together", McCoy, 26, told people at a recent record release party for label mate Tyga, in Los Angeles, "She's going to be on Warped Tour with us, she's going to be performing. It's going to be a good time".

When he was asked about what he liked about Katy at the interview, McCoy said, "She's super hot, for one. But when I first heard the song, I was like this is going to be a smash. The next thing you know it's No. 1 on iTunes. Personally, I'm proud of her, she deserves it. She's been in this business for the last six, seven years, and she's finally getting a break. I'm excited for her".

When asked if they were music's newest power couple, a laughing McCoy stated, "I don't know how much power we have, but we'll see".

And about the couple part?

Within the last couple of months, McCoy had recently bought Perry a diamond ring, but it's a "promise ring", he points out. She wears it on her left middle finger "and I have one too", he gushed. His is a silver band that says 'Katy' on it.

"I went in (to the jewelry store) and said I wanted a ring", says the musician. "The lady behind the counter said 'here's one for $300.' I was like, 'I want a nice ring!' Then I pointed to the big one".

He admits he was "so scared to give it to her" but that her reaction eased his nerves. "She was so excited! And I'd set up flowers everywhere". When McCoy was asked if this was a rehearsal for an actual wedding proposal, McCoy shrugged but with a bright grin on his face.

Luckily, fans of both musical artists have been saying that they are happy for the couple and wish them luck in the future.

And almost in a forshadowing way, Katy has also appeared as his girlfriend in the second "Cupid's Chokehold" video.

Any news onto Katy Perry's sexuality? No. However, the NY Post reports that the singer smooched a friend's girlfriend after the deejay played her song "I Kissed a Girl".

Latest articles