September Is 'Suicide Season'

September Is 'Suicide Season' Get ready Bring Me The Horizon fans. September is "Suicide Season." September 22nd, 2008 marks the release date for Bring Me The Horizon's sophomore album, Suicide Season. Suicide Season is the album following the band's debut album, Count Your Blessings and their EP This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Is Made For.

The Band has taken a different path recording this album compared to Count Your Blessings. Oliver (Oli) Sykes, the vocalist of Bring Me The Horizon describes the new record as "more rock than metal." He also states the band is "moving away from the sound of the first album." Their first album, Count Your Blessings, was filled with high-pitched screams, deep-throated growls, dualing guitar riffs, and heavy drum beats. When Metal Hammer magazine interviewed Oli about Suicide Season he stated, "We experimented a lot more I think, more with other styles of music we all enjoy..." The new album features guest vocalists Sam Carter of Architects and Luis Dubac of The Secret Handshake.

A few of the tracks off Suicide Season have been confirmed. One of which is tentatively entitled "No Need For Introductions, I've Read About Girls Like You on the Back of Toilet Doors." This song is Oli's way of releaving some of his anger about the charges filed against him at the Nottingham Rock City incident April 8th, 2007. Oli states "...it's only 30 seconds long and was a great way just to relieve my stress over everything that happened. I really got my anger out on it!"

Suicide Season was written and recorded in a studio in Arboga, a very secluded village, so the band could relax and focus on the new album. Suicide Season will be released through Visible Noise records on September 22nd, 2008 in the UK and will be released October 6th, 2008 in the USA on Earache records.

Confirmed tracks of Sucide Season:

  1. No Need For Introductions, I've Heard About Girls Like You on the Back of Toilet Doors
  2. Football Season is Over
  3. The Countdown
  4. Chelsea Smile
  5. Diamonds Aren't Forever

Latest articles