What's Happened To My Chemical Romance?

What's Happened To My Chemical Romance? Only a month after the release of their concert DVD, The Black Parade is Dead!, fans of My Chemical Romance have started asking, "What now?" The Black Parade is Dead!, a DVD which features footage from both a show in Mexico City and one in New Jersey, was released July 1st. Their previous tour ended just months before, closing with a show in Madison Square Garden. Recently, Gerard revealed to MTV the band's latest projects and engagements.

Gerard has been continuing to work on his award-winning comic, The Umbrella Academy. It has also been said that he is working on a "super secret" something for DC comics.

Supposedly, Mikey Way has also been working on a comic book series of his own. Both It is no secret that both Mikey and Gerard share a passion for comics. Perhaps Mikey's comic book will feature dangerous encounters with toasters and forks? Or maybe unicorns?

Frank Iero has been hard at work, touring with his band Leathermouth as they travel the country with Reggie and The Full Effect. The band's first album is due out this fall and you can see Frank, staring as Frankenstein, in the making of Reggie and The Full Effect's "J Train."

As for Ray Toro, the lead guitarist has been very busy, enjoying the married life with wife, Christa, who he married in August of 2008. Apparently, the head-banging god is also fronting a Weezer cover band.

Bob Bryar is currently in Chicago, most likely relaxing with his family and maybe working on a few new tracks for his solo project? Come on, Bob! The fans of My Chemical Romance have waited long enough for the epic release Gerard-opoly!

If you, like me, are just dying for new My Chemical Romance material, you can find the newest tracks "The World Is Ugly" and "Stay." Although titles have not been confirmed and only live recordings have been released, the videos should hold you over until the release of Watchmen, in which MCR covers Bob Dylan's Desolation Row.

According to Gerard, the new album will stripped down, revealing My Chem as a raw rock band. He says, "It will be more direct, more about life, and have more social commentary in there... That's where it's kind of heading now. It won't be a 'boohoo' record about 'Oh, we got famous,' but a commentary on how the world is now".

Latest articles