Future's Bleak For Meyer's Next Novel - Comments

  • TheTreesAreLaughing

    TheTreesAreLaughing (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    She is a pathetic, whiny dumbass. SHE GAVE PEOPLE UNPUBLISHED DRAFTS OF IT. What do you expect her fans would do? Of course they were going to copy and paste it and send it onto their friends.
    She deserves it for not thinking about the consequences of her dumbass actions.
    So she needs to stop moping about it and just og ahead and finalize that the fucking series is DONE AND OVER WITH.
    August 22nd, 2009 at 04:31am
  • paris_design

    paris_design (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    i know that a lot of people want her to keep wrting it and they can't wait to read it but get over it. it'll just keep going on and on until theres nothing left to write about. "the end" has already happened. not much more to read about anyways
    August 11th, 2009 at 06:46pm
  • squidward tentacles.

    squidward tentacles. (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    73
    Location:
    United States
    v Agreed. And I'm kind of glad she's not publishing it. We don't need any more Twilight craze.
    June 26th, 2009 at 08:09am
  • Shark

    Shark (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Singapore
    I've read about this in her website and I think it's kinda pathetic. The only person who leaked it is herself. Think about it. She was the one who posted up the drafts on her sight. Fans - being fans - would actually copy and paste it to show their friends.

    So who else could be blame but herself?

    I think she should continue writing Midnight Sun because I've read it partially and it was good. I'm quite disappointed because she's acting as though someone has betrayed her and she's whining about it -but in honest truth, no one is at fault but herself.

    She shouldn't have posted the drafts if she knew that it would come to this. If she was excited in people reading it, she could've just asked her family right? Pffftt. Quite a lame excuse for not finishing the book -if you ask me.
    May 8th, 2009 at 09:54am
  • Someday;

    Someday; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I didnt even know it leaked :(
    April 26th, 2009 at 06:08pm
  • Back Jarakat

    Back Jarakat (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    Okay, I know this was written ages ago, but I just camea cross it now. So basically, I'm saying that yeah, she should finish the damn book and have it published, because I'm finished with the draft and want more. Also, I think it's a publicitiy stunt, I think she's saying tha tit leaked, when it was her herself who leaked it, and I also think she is finishing it, but in secret, making it published without many fans, if any, knowing. I'm quite frankly pissed off taht she won't just shut the hell up and publish it because come on, everybodies read it, and everybody wants more.
    That's all I've got to say, besides how can you spend time with your family, like she watns to, if you've stated thatyou're working on other projects. Like my god, finish the one you're on first.
    March 21st, 2009 at 09:34am
  • That.Radd.Child

    That.Radd.Child (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    Australia
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    January 13th, 2009 at 06:05am
  • RoseWidow

    RoseWidow (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    WTF PEOPLE! wouldnt you be annoyed and sulk a little bit if ur story was leaked out onto the internet and u wanted to publish it first befor everyone knew it was out.
    YES YOU WOULD! if u said no ur a fucking liar. she is not overreacting one bit. and breaking dawn was great! wtf is wrong with you ppl? and yes you would have errors in ur writeing to if it was a draft. and dont you dare say you wouldnt cuz i bet i could find at least 10. and for the person who leaked out the new book i hope you rot in hell. why the fuck would you do that!!!!! maybie ppl wanted to read the finished book not the drafts but now we have to read the draft cuz of your dumb ass.
    November 3rd, 2008 at 07:45pm
  • Shirubi-chan

    Shirubi-chan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I think that Stephenie Meyer is being a drama queen. I mean yes I love her books, but she needs to build a bridge and get over it. I mean sure it's completly fine that she decided not to write Breaking Dawn, but jeez she didn't have to make such a big deal over it. And as for how everyone is saying that Breaking Dawn sucked, I have to agree Breaking Dawn was somewhat bleak and boring. But you guys all keep forgetting that Stephenie is new to writing, she started writing in what? 2004? 2005? She's only been writing for a few years, give her time to learn and get better. Also sometimes when you make a long book series the books after the first original book are usually not as good as the first book, that's just how it is. Yes, Stephenie Meyer is making this a bigger deal than it is. Yes, Breaking Dawn wasn't that good, but Stephenie is still new at writing.
    October 8th, 2008 at 02:57am
  • Lucy Anathema.

    Lucy Anathema. (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I was impressed by the first three books in Meyer's series. I thought she was very talented, and I had no discrimination against her religious beliefs. That is, until Breaking Dawn arrived.
    The book was boring, to put it blatanly. I was disappointed by the points that she touched on. The ideas were no longer appealing. It seemed as if she was losing her touch.
    I was also disappointed in this article when the author posted that Meyer's series will go down in history beside Romeo and Juliet. There is no person on this earth that can even come close to touching the talent that Shakespeare had. His stories are wonderful. Of course Meyer's were, too, but it will definitely not be beside Romeo and Juliet.
    September 27th, 2008 at 07:44pm
  • mannaquin

    mannaquin (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    i agree with bravete... ummm i love stephenie meyer and i hope she continues. i read the draft on ehr website and yes there are mistakes but every writer has mistakes and needs them fixed. please remember that there is always a dtraft before a final copy. the legacy of this book will last a few lifetimes... its an amazing saga... thats my opinion...:)
    September 24th, 2008 at 06:43pm
  • The Lovecraft

    The Lovecraft (500)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Romania
    I honestly doubt the main couple of these books will be remembered in history like Romeo and Juliet. I very very much doubt it. In fact, I would bet on it. That's all I have to say.
    September 9th, 2008 at 03:18pm
  • Columbia

    Columbia (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    We should all learn how to spell Shakespeare.
    Even if we are saying he is a squillion times better than Meyer.
    September 7th, 2008 at 04:12pm
  • bravette

    bravette (400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    How is ROmeo and JUliet like Twilight?
    Did Edward and Bella kill themselves. Were their familys pissed the fuck off at eachother? it's NOTHING like R&J.

    The couple lives and have a fuckin baby they don't kill themselves. R&J only hung out like 5 times in the play. E&B were together for a long time and got married,.

    The two stories have nothign in common except romance.
    September 6th, 2008 at 06:10pm
  • bravette

    bravette (400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I loove the Twilight series.
    But i wasVERY disapointed in the last book, Breakign Dawn. I think it was really good.
    But I was hopeing for a fiugight with the Voultori, hwoever you spell it and more action with her and Edward maybe a fight with them about Renesme. Maybe soemthign Tragic with Jacob. It seemed to suttle to me.
    I don't think it was poorly written, I think the writing was fine just the plot wasn't what i expected.

    I hope she continues. I want to see what happens in the first book on Edwards POV
    September 6th, 2008 at 06:09pm
  • littleblackconverse

    littleblackconverse (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    as much as i love her books and disappointing for her not to continue the saga...i don't blame her one bit. I feel bad for her =(
    September 6th, 2008 at 01:58pm
  • Slow Down Sisky

    Slow Down Sisky (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This seems completely overdramatic to me.
    Ideas get stolen all the time.
    Albums leak all the time.
    Hell, Radiohead gave their album away for free.
    Artists get over it.
    They don't just throw their pencil down and pout.
    She's getting whiney over a draft that leaked, when I bet most people didn't even have a clue it did.
    September 4th, 2008 at 08:30am
  • Matt Smith

    Matt Smith (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    'Did Shakespeare ever suffer from people stealing his ideas?'

    Actually, none of Shakespeare's plotlines were original, anyway. His plays are all based on real historical figures or other people's writing.
    September 3rd, 2008 at 01:50pm
  • Zed

    Zed (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Ditto to the person below me.
    Romeo & Juliet-Amazing beyond words.
    Bella & Edward Cullen-A fad.
    If the ending had been tragic/not completely perfect, it may have fared better.
    But yeah. Shame about that.
    September 2nd, 2008 at 09:43pm
  • gleek

    gleek (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Anyone who even thinks of comparing Twilight to Shakespeare or Romeo and Juliet is seriously disturbed.

    But that's unfortunate about her book.
    September 2nd, 2008 at 02:27am