Future's Bleak For Meyer's Next Novel - Comments

  • Sara

    Sara (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    to retirate what was said before;

    "Never compare her writing to Shakespeare ever again. Ever."
    August 31st, 2008 at 02:39am
  • lake effect kid.;;

    lake effect kid.;; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Romania
    Watermelon Smile, I don't think you're the writer of Twilight, but Stephenie is. It's fiction. Different views, different ideas. She chooses, anyway. It's her book. Anything can happen.
    August 31st, 2008 at 02:18am
  • ClicheMotivation

    ClicheMotivation (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I haven't read the fourth one yet, and I honestly don't look forward to it. Eclipse was messy and all over the place and I didn't really enjoy it. I can only imagine what kind of mess Breaking Dawn is. And I heard they had a baby in it? Get real. Vamps can't reproduce if everything inside of them has died.
    All in all, it's just going into the toilet and waiting to be flushed.
    August 31st, 2008 at 02:02am
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Never compare her writing to Shakespeare ever again. Ever.
    August 31st, 2008 at 12:57am
  • ZombieBunnyKILL

    ZombieBunnyKILL (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    God, [i]please[/i] don't compare her to Shakespeare.
    [i]Please[/i].
    Back in Shakespeare's day, everyone stole each others' ideas, and he even stole [i]others'[/i] ideas, but everyone still did their thing.
    Meyer's just being a, what I always used to be called, a whiny baby. >=P
    She needs to get over it.
    And I don't even like Twilight.
    August 31st, 2008 at 12:30am
  • Straight-outta-Dodge

    Straight-outta-Dodge (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I’m not going to try and act like a mother on here to you all, but I ask all of you twilight fans to stay positive!
    I really do hope that midnight sun will make the publishers, but if it doesn't then at least I still have the gratification of having read the four previous ones.
    August 30th, 2008 at 10:54pm
  • Sister Ginger

    Sister Ginger (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    OMFG why would someone do that to her? That bastard is going DOWN. I feel very sorry for her, I loved the series and the bad reviews about it piss me off. Breaking Dawn was excellent, and the whole Mormon message thing? WTF is up with that?

    I really hope she continues Midnight Sun later on, I was so looking forward to reading it as a book.
    August 30th, 2008 at 10:44pm
  • a-punk

    a-punk (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Yuck. I really hate the series. Everyone on here is so crazy about it, but I found it messy and boring. I barely finished the first one, to be honest.
    August 30th, 2008 at 10:41pm
  • WaterQueen07

    WaterQueen07 (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    This really dissapoints me. I was REALLY looking forward to another book. I think the Twilight Saga is full of the best books I've ever read, no matter how 'simple' they are. They make me feel like I'm there, and I can relate to them. Although I have to agree that Breaking Dawn was not the best of them, it was not the worst book I've ever read.

    I also can see how her emotions would affect the outcome of the book and the way she writes it. The same thing would happen to me.
    August 30th, 2008 at 10:39pm
  • Freaka.

    Freaka. (220)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Ouch, I'd hate for that to happen to me.
    If someone broke into my computer and posted all of my drafted stories I'd be really upset.
    I sympathise with Meyer.
    Although I have to say, Edward and Bella are nowhere near Romeo And Juliet. They're just Edward the hottie vampire boy and Bella the Mary-Sue.
    :P
    August 30th, 2008 at 10:23pm
  • Audrey T

    Audrey T (6730)

    :
    Admin
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I love the series but it's definitely no [i]Romeo and Juliet.[/i] I never really thought a fourth installment was a good idea anyway. I mean what else is there to the story.
    August 30th, 2008 at 10:20pm
  • nikkinightmare

    nikkinightmare (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    "Bella Swan and Edward Cullen will surely be remembered down the ages alongside Romeo and Juliet."
    Hahahaha no.
    August 30th, 2008 at 10:09pm
  • Jinxeh

    Jinxeh (805)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    Romance, I am with you 100%. And this is coming from someone who despises [i]Romeo and Juliet[/i]. That's not to speak ill of Shakespeare's other work, however, and I don't find it particularly understandable nor fitting to compare a book series like [i]Twilight[/i] to something like his timeless work.
    August 30th, 2008 at 09:03pm
  • It's In The Blood.

    It's In The Blood. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    And in response to the comments before mine I'd like to make it clear that really a comparison between a writer of vampire romances and Shakespeare is inappropriate, regardless of where the comparison is meant.
    August 30th, 2008 at 08:59pm
  • It's In The Blood.

    It's In The Blood. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I've never read the books, but it seems faintly ridiculous to me to compare anything which is undoubtedly [i]pulp[/i] fiction to a play by Shakespeare.

    I'm sorry if this offends you, but perhaps it would be better to find a less grandiose comparison next time, as it takes away from your article rather a lot. Also, [i]Romeo and Juliet[/i] is considered by many to be a play about teenagers messing with things they're not ready for (love, commitment, sacrifice) and not the timeless romance it's taken for.

    I'm sorry if this seems a little harsh, I just happen to be rather fond of Shakespeare lol. Other than that one thing your article was well written, and whether they're read her books or not and whether they like her books or not I'm sure every writer can sympathize with the way she feels.
    August 30th, 2008 at 08:56pm
  • SomeGirlOnTheNet

    SomeGirlOnTheNet (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I'm a little bummed. I would have liked to see how things turned out later on in the series. But, if she says she can't write the next book, then I'll just have to say well done and good-bye to the Twilight saga.
    August 30th, 2008 at 08:54pm
  • nutmeg-smithy-165

    nutmeg-smithy-165 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    i want her to still write Midnight Sun. i am one of few people that actually liked Breaking Dawn. it was weird have Jacob's POv in the middle of the buck but i liked it.
    i hate that people have to spoil things for everybody.
    i wouldn't campare her to Shakespear either. she definately was comparing the love of Bella and Edward to Romeo and Juliet. that i can understand.
    August 30th, 2008 at 08:48pm
  • scribblerofdreamsxx

    scribblerofdreamsxx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i wish she would still write it... i've been looking forward to it... i hate people.. =(
    August 30th, 2008 at 08:42pm
  • Mirneeebear.

    Mirneeebear. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Jeeze
    I don't think she meant to compare her stories to shakespeare.

    I think she was comparing the love Romeo had for Juliet.

    like the love Edward had for Bella.

    Think of it that way guys.
    August 30th, 2008 at 08:36pm
  • strange.

    strange. (310)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Just reading some of the other comments I would like to say:
    I don't like Romeo And Juliet.

    And given the choice, I would much rather read Twilight anyday.
    Much Ado About Nothing = Far better Shakespeare play.
    August 30th, 2008 at 08:26pm