Two Legends: Harry Potter vs. Twilight - Comments

  • Andi Romanov

    Andi Romanov (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    ok yes this is extremely biased and i really don't understand why you posted it. if you wanted to post something about disliking twilight and liking harry potter its called a 'journal'. im not going to argue with you about how you're wrong about bella and edward and all this other crap, because its opinion, which you obviously missed when posting this. but i, personally, love harry potter and twilight both.

    basically, im here wasting my time to tell you this is an obnoxious and ridiculous article. in my own opinion, of course.
    October 8th, 2008 at 11:04pm
  • rhonnica goes rawrr.

    rhonnica goes rawrr. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    harry potter all the way.

    twilight sucks so much compared to hp.

    and i don't see why everyone likes bella.
    she's all '[i] oh em gee. im so average. i can't do anything right. won't some unbelievably handsome guy come sweep me off my feet so i don't have to do anything for the rest of my life.[/i]' *prances*
    October 6th, 2008 at 05:10am
  • dreamcatcher;

    dreamcatcher; (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Actually my team just changed to
    Team I Love Vampires, Werewolves and Wizards! Because Jacob rock, Edward is hot and Harry is just so cute XD
    October 5th, 2008 at 06:33am
  • dreamcatcher;

    dreamcatcher; (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    New Zealand
    The books weren't made to be compared so why is everyone comparing them!
    I love both series in the their own ways.
    Everyone has their own favorites and i understand that.
    I have started my own team, Team I Love Vampires and Wizards Equally!
    October 5th, 2008 at 06:30am
  • Mizz Mitchie

    Mizz Mitchie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Quite honestly, I'm not taking a side in the not-really-there battle. I've been a Harry Potter fan fof the books or about four years now, ever since I've actually had enough patience to read them. A fan of the movies ever since they were released.

    As for Twilight, when I first found out about them, I didn't really care. I had no interest in reading them. Now here it is, almost a year later, and I started reading the books maybe three weeks or less ago, and I've quickly turned into an avid reader and huge fan.

    I think it's okay to be a fan of both, not only because I AM, but also because, clearly, the books are made to compete. Harry Potter is about a wizard, Twilight about vampires. If they were both about the same things, maybe it'd be different, but they aren't. The writers wrote the books strictly for the purpose of writing them.
    They probably didn't even care all that much about how popular they were. They just wanted to write them and for them to be out there.

    I will always be a fan of Harry Potter, no doubt, and both the Harry Potter series and the Twilight series have had huge impacts on my writing skills. I love the books, all of them, and I believe anyone who likes to read fantasy should read both. They're both well worth-while. Don't participate in a battle that never has and never will start.
    October 4th, 2008 at 11:28pm
  • ButterflyNight

    ButterflyNight (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I like Harry Potter but I LOVE the twilight series and I'm fed up of them being compared unless Twilight comes out on top :) Personaly I dont think Twilight is depressing or that Bella is unfeministic - I can only see the good in it to be far. We only see what we want to see I guess but that is up to the reader...
    October 4th, 2008 at 11:00pm
  • caught in the fame.

    caught in the fame. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Why can't we just like both?
    Why must they be compared so often?

    It's soooo annoying.
    October 4th, 2008 at 08:24pm
  • beatriceyork

    beatriceyork (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Hmm HP had a plot and was well written. Twilight is written badly and really the only people who read it are girls with low self-esteem like the chick in the book. Fuck twilight.
    October 4th, 2008 at 07:36pm
  • The End

    The End (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Georgia
    ugh! I am SOOOOOOO tired of having Harry Potter and Twilight series compared!!!
    Harry Potter: The bks sucked but the movies rule!
    Twilight: THe bks are like ANY other bks out there so SHUT THE FUDGE UP people out there and stop saying Stephanie Meyer has created a "new world" Oh please- read Blood and Choclate by Annette Curtis Klause and I'd like to see you even try to say that!
    October 2nd, 2008 at 08:31am
  • Bad Luck.

    Bad Luck. (450)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    92
    Location:
    Canada
    Harry Potter.
    Because it actually had a plot.
    September 30th, 2008 at 01:08am
  • Gravity!

    Gravity! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    to be honest, i couldn't read th fifth harry potter book. the series has been so drawn out that i am bored to hell with it. besides i can relate more to bella. what teenage girl isn't completely obessed with her first real relationship and has self esteem issues about herself? if teenage girls didn't have esteem issues, we wouldn't have the girls and boys who harm themselves and od on pain killers or throw up whenever they feel fat.
    September 28th, 2008 at 04:56am
  • college dropout

    college dropout (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I know exactly what you mean, especially when you say the storyline was "cluttered". I read the first Twilight and I really couldn't handle reading the next. It actually is literally sitting in my room collecting dust. Harry Potter all the way.
    September 27th, 2008 at 05:27pm
  • xXhayleyroxXx

    xXhayleyroxXx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Twilight for me :) Harry Potter got ruined for me by the movies, yes they're good but nothing like i imagined them to be. I love both, but i can relate to twilight more XD
    xxx
    September 27th, 2008 at 10:26am
  • icey1001992

    icey1001992 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I liked both of them...I have to say i loved the twilight series!
    September 26th, 2008 at 11:55pm
  • Sirius Black

    Sirius Black (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Harry potter.
    There is no question.
    September 26th, 2008 at 10:07pm
  • Anarchy in Words

    Anarchy in Words (155)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Harry Potter all the way.
    It's the only series of books that made me cry so much for so long.
    September 25th, 2008 at 12:53am
  • DyingOnTheDanceFloor

    DyingOnTheDanceFloor (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    "And allowing them to be made into movies was a stupid idea." said by Edward.

    Well you must not be aware that there's a Twilight movie coming out... or maybe it just slipped your mind?

    Either way, I agree that Harry Potter is the better of the two, just because J.K, in my opinion, is a superior writer. She has SO much more to explain about this world that she created, and she does it so well. Meyer used a town already in existence and didn't have to work all that much to describe a plot that's been used a thousand times over.

    I'll admit that she DOES do well with imagery, but I shudder at the thought of sparkly vampires...
    September 24th, 2008 at 10:48pm
  • dexter

    dexter (450)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Argentina
    How can you actually compare Harry Potter and Twilight?
    Harry Potter is so much better. >___>
    September 24th, 2008 at 07:46pm
  • LeandraLoco-motion

    LeandraLoco-motion (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I never really liked neither of them anyway....
    September 24th, 2008 at 02:39am
  • Flying Pancake

    Flying Pancake (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I love both of the series, and I strongly disagree with your opinion on Twilight. It does have a plot; some people might have said the same about Harry Potter before reading the entire series. I think JK Rowling and Stephenie Meyer are both among the most talented writers today. Twilight is a beautiful series. I'm not saying Harry Potter isn't, but Twilight is wonderful.
    September 24th, 2008 at 02:34am