Two Legends: Harry Potter vs. Twilight - Comments

  • bruise pristine

    bruise pristine (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I've read all the books in both series.
    And, let me say, I am a proud Anti-Twilight girl.
    I even have the shirt that says, "And then Buffy Staked Edward, The End." and the "Twilight is the Cultural Equivilant of Cancer" shirt.
    :)
    Nice to know some people have come to their senses.
    February 12th, 2010 at 02:18am
  • Riley;Grace

    Riley;Grace (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    i haven't read harry potter, but i have read twilight and if you are going to compare the two, then the LEAST you can do is read them both. i love twilight and i do agrree it is overrated and people have made it such a phenom that it get boring after a while, but its a great series so don't diss it when you havent even read the whole thing. im just saying...
    November 16th, 2009 at 04:35am
  • BookAndWriterAddict

    BookAndWriterAddict (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I have to admit, when i first read Twilight, I was addicted. But now people are over doing it. My English teacher says she can understand WHY people like it, but she uses the same word, like six times in two sentences.

    But I always will love Harry Potter. It just kept getting better and better.
    -Kayli :p
    September 7th, 2009 at 03:28pm
  • Cherry Pez

    Cherry Pez (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Twilight is a fad and really only appeals to tenage girls (although there are some cougars I know...).

    Harry Potter is a "legend" (if that's what you want to call it) that appeals to all ages.

    I know you really shouldn't compare the two, but if you did, Harry would beat sparkly boys ass. : )

    One question to Twi-hards:

    How did Edward get Bella pregnant? That's kind of impossible.
    September 2nd, 2009 at 09:37pm
  • Mala

    Mala (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Twlight isn't a legend.
    Far from it.
    August 25th, 2009 at 08:18pm
  • jasonsudekis

    jasonsudekis (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Germany
    i'd have to say i love both.
    August 25th, 2009 at 04:41pm
  • XxAnomalyxX

    XxAnomalyxX (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Wow, i didn't know there was a "Team kill the Cullens" XD I'm a twilight fan and a harry potter fan, but theres no contest. HP pwns twilght.
    August 24th, 2009 at 04:12am
  • IAmATourist

    IAmATourist (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    HP is much better. At least Hogwart boys don't sparkles.
    July 17th, 2009 at 11:23pm
  • Touchstone

    Touchstone (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Ireland
    * I like Ravenclaw most
    July 17th, 2009 at 11:58am
  • Touchstone

    Touchstone (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Ireland
    Yeah~ two legends.
    A legend of Fantasy (Harry Potter)
    And,
    A legend of Fail. (Twilight)
    I am team Dracula, because no self respecting vampire sparkles. >.> lol.
    I really like all the houses, but I like Ravenclaw too. :D
    July 17th, 2009 at 11:57am
  • MMS1108

    MMS1108 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    GO SLYTHERIN!!!! And I'm a proud member of Kill Cullen! Twilight was really badly written and the vampires sucked. It seems so stupid that they SPARKLE in sunlight, I'm not saying vampires have to die immediatly in sunlight but don't make the effing SPARKLE! That's just a disgrace to the name of vampires. Harry Potter on the other hand was well written and had an easy to follow, but extremely exciting plot. Twilight was really choppy, and Bella was just a Mary-Sue, and Edward was conceited and a total control freak. What kind of message does a, over controlling boyfriend send to young girls that are reading this? That it's okay for your boyfriend to never say please and for your relationship to be based on looks? HARRY POTTER KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!
    July 10th, 2009 at 04:34pm
  • foREVerJimmySullivan

    foREVerJimmySullivan (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    and Meyer's "Werewolves" aren't really werewolves, since they change at will, and they are not exactly afraid of the full moon...to me, they remind me of Animagi...
    July 8th, 2009 at 06:01am
  • foREVerJimmySullivan

    foREVerJimmySullivan (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    whoo GRYFFINDOR!!!!
    Where dwell the brave at heart!
    July 8th, 2009 at 05:58am
  • sandbox

    sandbox (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Harry is Ah-mazing. I love it. We all need to hear biased opinions once in a while to know humans still express themself.

    Go Ravenclaw ;)
    July 7th, 2009 at 11:28pm
  • moonyandpadfoot

    moonyandpadfoot (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOPr
    July 6th, 2009 at 11:26pm
  • Coco.B.Ware

    Coco.B.Ware (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    And furthermore, Harry Potter and Twilight are completely different books, though since they fall under the 'fantasy' genre, they will constantly be compared. I for one like Harry because he is such a beleivable character. He isn't drop-dead gorgeous, he has insecurities, and he is constantly ridiculed yet he sticks to what he beleives in. With Twilight, Edward is more of the anti-hero with a cocky persona. Edward and Harry rule in their owns ways.

    As for Bella, well, just compare her to someone headstrong and independent like Ginny Weasley, Harry's lover.

    I personally find Harry Potter books more interesting because the characters are so colorful and you can't help but fall in love with Draco yet despise him and feel bad for him at the same time. And then there's the Ministry, Hermione, who you hate to love because of her overbearing know-it-all attitude, Professor Snape who you thought was the bad guy all the way up until end of the seventh installment and who also knew Harry's mom AND her full-fledged Muggle sister.

    J.K. Rowling just seemed like she had more time in writing her books whereas Stephanie looked as if she'd just rushed and hadn't taken her time with things. I beleive that Twilight is a great book in its own right but there were some things that could've been done differently, like the whole character development of Bella or maybe even Edward. Like what makes Edward so possessive? Or what makes Bella so attracted to Edward besides him being so handsome and mysterious? Things like that.

    But overrall, two good books who have their own fanfictions and such and such.
    July 6th, 2009 at 08:13pm
  • Coco.B.Ware

    Coco.B.Ware (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I disagree with people saying that Stephanie Meyer changed the whole 'vampire' thing. Have they READ Anne Rice? Anyways, I agree with you 100% The whole Twilight is so overrated and Harry's just amazing.
    July 6th, 2009 at 07:40pm
  • BethanyStorm

    BethanyStorm (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    harry all the way!!
    i finished twilight but not the series.
    its kinda annoying cuz the minute you put an attractive guy somewhere the whole world becomes obsessed with that one thing. also, am i the only who noticed that kristen stewart cannot act?
    ur right the vampires do seem concieted, that's not why i didn't finish though, it was WAAAAAAAY too cheasy for my taste. girl finds boy fall in love inseperable is basiclly the plot.
    -bethie
    July 6th, 2009 at 06:53pm
  • hello brooklyn

    hello brooklyn (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    This is a very biased argument.
    If you never finished the book(s), why write an article about two great series, just to say how great Harry Potter is?
    I myself am a true Harry Potter AND Twilight fan. I actually read them alternately each day.
    I think that if you want to say how great Harry Potter is, to make it a fair analysis, read the other series as well.
    July 5th, 2009 at 09:06pm
  • Naoko

    Naoko (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Lithuania
    Yay for Ravenclaw! Twilight can be kinda interesting for the first time, but I just can't make myself read it again. It's too... predictable, maybe? And I've read OotP book 7 times already :) So my point - Harry Potter FTW!!!
    July 5th, 2009 at 02:05pm