Two Legends: Harry Potter vs. Twilight - Comments

  • Green Raspberries.

    Green Raspberries. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    I love Harry Potter! Well, Draco Malfoy to be exact, but you know what I mean. I don't think Twilight was very good, the books or the movie. Though, I am in love with Jacob! I used to love Twilight but after re-reading it, I found spelling mistakes, plot holes, and Bella just got plain annoying! I'm on team Slytherin, and team Jacob.
    February 24th, 2009 at 03:29am
  • monsterlilian

    monsterlilian (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    To me,HP is better.I'm sorry to all you Twilighters out there,but I just think it's overrated and too mushy.And it annoys me how Stephanie seems to try to make Bella perfect.
    February 8th, 2009 at 08:07am
  • reportme

    reportme (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    Iceland
    The twilight movie is quite rubbish 2bh and the HP ones are gd but i think it is the other way round for the books as the HP ones bored me and twilight converted me to Cullenism... Even though i prefer twilight HP is most definetely more popular :D
    January 22nd, 2009 at 08:51pm
  • ClarissaDevil.

    ClarissaDevil. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Sweden
    HP's best! I've read some Twilight books, there is nothing wrong with them but um... well nothing can compare to HP, at least not to me... I don't really think it'll be bigger than HP...
    December 31st, 2008 at 06:35pm
  • kiki2red94

    kiki2red94 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    well i love harry potter always will too
    December 31st, 2008 at 03:19am
  • Dysfunctional Beauty

    Dysfunctional Beauty (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Wow, you're all kind of stupid.
    She's not comparing the stories itself, if you can even understand that.
    Considering that these books are teen phenomenons, in which cause obsession, fanfiction writing, roleplaying, and so on, which book will be more popular? Considering that Twilight had just recently become a movie, will it be as successful as the Harry Potter movies are?
    That's what she's comparing, you twits. Whether or not Twilight will be more successful than Harry Potter, or Harry Potter will still be the reigning king on teen fantasy novels.
    Comparing two heavy weights in the young adult novel world.

    To be honest, I dislike both of them.
    December 22nd, 2008 at 05:59am
  • gloss my eyes;

    gloss my eyes; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Switzerland
    Unfortunately, I never really could get into the Harry Potter books. They just didn't catch my attention like Twilight did. D: The HP movies are brilliant though, they all pretty much trump the Twilight movie.
    December 21st, 2008 at 11:43pm
  • ohhitsamelia

    ohhitsamelia (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    Since I was nine I've been a maasssive Harry Potter fan, and I must admit Twilight has taken over that for me.
    But I love them both, and don't think I could ever choose. I like them both for different reasons. Twilight more taps into my 'girlie' side, so I relate to Bella a whole truckload, and Harry Potter is more philisophical to me, about being brave and standing up for yoursef. That kind of thing.
    Oh, I'm a gryiffindor. And on Team Edward
    :D
    December 18th, 2008 at 07:31am
  • Sammy-Slip-Up

    Sammy-Slip-Up (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    a Walk To Remember: Harry Potter: The bks sucked but the movies rule!

    no,....just no...there's something entrancing about sitting in your room with a flashlight at 4:30 in the morning and finally finishing Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. OR any Harry Potter book actually..
    With the movies I knew they weren't going to be able to put everything in it. there was a line though. Such as in the fourth installment when they cut out the entire actual Quidditch Cup.

    In Conclusion The books ruled and the movies kinda sucked....but not as bad as Twilight in my opinion ;]
    just had to throw that in dont yell at me
    December 18th, 2008 at 04:47am
  • Sammy-Slip-Up

    Sammy-Slip-Up (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    to Punk.Riot: dont call her a dumbass you're the dumbass because you read her article and chose to commment even though you didn't like it. It's not her fault that you didnt like the article. I did so meh.

    anyway: great article i enjoyed it. I finally found someone else who thought Bella was helpless without Edward.
    But yeah i'm in Slytherin and on Team I really don't want to hear about Twilight anymore :]
    December 18th, 2008 at 04:41am
  • Punk.Riot

    Punk.Riot (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    you're a dumbass.that's all i can say about you.
    why do you even compare them?they're different.

    anyway,i go for Twilight.i haven't read a Harry Potter book yet.and i don't think i ever will.
    December 17th, 2008 at 11:49am
  • Mhm

    Mhm (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I don't even see HOW people can compare Twilight and Harry Potter.
    They are two COMPLETELY different books with two COMPLETELY different plots.
    December 4th, 2008 at 01:40am
  • Elizabeth Lavenza

    Elizabeth Lavenza (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I love them both. But Twilight wins my heart. Not cause of the stupid 'fad' but cause I seem very interested in the plot. It may seem lacking to some, but I love it. The Cullens are perfect. Bella is perfect. Jacob is perfect. Everyone is.

    Harry Potter is more of a defeating evil and fulfilling the prophecy kinda thing. Cause of Voldemort. Twilight is a human-immortal romance that will have to over come challenges.

    Two legends. Why compare?
    November 28th, 2008 at 12:38pm
  • Aqua Crescent

    Aqua Crescent (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    Afghanistan
    I like them both but I will probably have to go with "Harry Potter" for the reasons you listed. I kept reading "Twilight" for the characters but I will be the first to admit none of the books have a solid plot. More like random things that happen that build up and then Meyer has no guts to give a finale because that would mean maybe injuring a character (only ones I can think of that really suffered any long term damage were Bella in Book 1 and Irina in Book 4) and so she just cuts it off with an anti-climatic ending. As you can tell, I am still very disappointed in "Breaking Dawn."
    November 28th, 2008 at 06:58am
  • Delia.

    Delia. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Both, and if you never finished Twilight, then why are you writing an article about it?
    November 24th, 2008 at 12:09pm
  • The Marty Parade

    The Marty Parade (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Sweden
    I love both.
    November 5th, 2008 at 08:08pm
  • Vanity.Kills

    Vanity.Kills (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    harry potter is an extremely great novel series, as is twilight.
    i feel that they both have interesting plots and characters.

    twilight had me crying and feeling emotional as harry potter had me reading under my blanket with a flashlight. they are both really amazing.
    November 3rd, 2008 at 12:51am
  • paranormality.

    paranormality. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    AMEN! Ahhh, Twilight is horrid.
    HARRY POTTER FTW!
    It truly is a classic, I can see my kids in 25 years sitting and reading it with me.
    Twilight... not so much.
    October 26th, 2008 at 05:44pm
  • fool's paradise

    fool's paradise (1000)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    HARRY POTTER!
    HP is saturated in awesome.
    Twilight is lacking.
    October 9th, 2008 at 11:30pm
  • Cardigans

    Cardigans (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Australia
    There's nothing wrong with Twilight, but I'd choose Harry Potter. Sure, it was predictable that Harry would beat off Voldemort, but there are so many more sub-plots interlaced. I don't think the story was stretched out; it made things more darker, mysterious, fascinating, and kept you wanting more.

    I've read all the books in the Twilight series, and I basically had to force myself to keep on going around the middle of book three.
    October 9th, 2008 at 08:33am