Apple Reveals New iPod Nano

Apple Reveals New iPod Nano On Tuesday, September 9, 2008, Apple released the 4th generation iPod Nano. The new model is based more simiarly on the 2nd generation, and acts like a combination between an iPod Touch and Nano. And to match the few new features, the new Nano comes in nine colors and a new shape.

Made of Aluminum and glass, the iPod has a two-inch diagonal screen. It's "The world's biggest small screen." The Apple website brags. And at just under a quarter of an inch thick, it's the thinnest iPod yet. The 8GB model holds 2,000 songs, 7,000 photos and eight hours of video, while the larger capacity 16GB holds 4,000 songs, 14,000 photos and 16 hours of video. And while it may not have a surface area as small as the Shuffles, the new Nano is still pretty small. It measures only 3.6 by 1.5 inches and weighs an even smaller 1.3 ounces. And it has a new shape- instead of being flat, like the 2nd generation Nanos, the new ones are oval.

The iPod Nano 4th generation has all the old features-and a few new ones. It has a new trick called the "Genius Feature" that allows you to create a playlist of songs that sound great with the one you're currently listening to. And now, by holding the center button, that song is no longer added to the "On-The-Go Playlist". You still have that option, but you can also choose to browse by artist, browse by album or start Genius. And it's all made convienent by a drop down menu that leaves no risk of accidentally changing your song. And on top of all this, by turning the Nano to the laft or right, you can automatically view cover flow just like the Touch.

But this iPod Nano has some features even the iPod touch doesnt. To shuffle songs, just give the iPod a shake. It will automatically switch to a random song from your library. Plus, there's now games made especially for iPod Nano. They're made to respond to the way the iPod moves, so you can get interactive with them. iPod Nano comes with one pre-installed, called, Maze, so you can try the fun out right away.

And something else that none of the other iPods have? Bright, vivid color choices. The new iPod Nano comes in nine bright colors- silver, black, purple, blue, lime green, yellow, orange, red and hot pink.

Latest articles