Mother Spears Thought Pregnancy Was A Joke

Mother Spears Thought Pregnancy Was A Joke Lynne Spears said that her daughter, Jamie Lynn Spears, had told her that she was pregnant with a note. The mother had told NBC's "Today" show that Jamie had handed her the note and told her to go into the bathroom and read it inside.

The note stated that she was pregnant but "everything was going to be okay, mom." It also said that her and her boyfriend, Casey Aldridge, were going to raise the child.

"I thought it was a joke," Spears said in an interview. "... I kept waiting for the punch line."

She realized it wasn't a joke when Aldridge wouldn't look at her. Aldridge is from Liberty, Mississippi.

"I was just truly in shock and then I started to cry. And then she started consoling me at that point," said Lynne, who writes of Jamie Lynn and her older daughter, Britney, in her new book, "Through the Storm."

Lynne also said that she blames herself for the pregnancy.

"As a mother, don't we always blame ourselves? I mean, we're the first one that's gonna take the blame," she said. "We never get the credit, but we always question ourselves and say, 'What did I do? We had this talk just a month ago.' I mean, I had no idea. I took a lot of the blame. I took all the blame."

Jamie Lynn, who was the star in the Nickelodeon series "Zoey 101," announced her pregnancy last December. She and Casey welcomed their daughter Maddie Briann in June. The couple are now engaged, looking to get married.

Latest articles