George Michael Arrested For Drug Possesions

George Michael Arrested For Drug Possesions George Michael, British singer, was arrested because of drug possession on Friday. The arrest was made around his home in North London.

After police responded to a tip from a bathroom attendant, they caught Michael using a small amount of crack and marijuana in the public bathroom. He was taken to a police station, warned about his drug possessions and released after taking all responsibilities for the drugs.

"The caution was [issued] for the possession of Class A and Class C drugs, cocaine and cannabis," a spokesperson for Scotland Yard told the Daily Telegraph. "He was released and no further action will be taken."

The arrest wasn't the first that have been following the singer. In 1998, a famous arrest was made on him in front of the Will Rogers Memorial Park located in Beverly Hills, California. The charge was "engaging in a lewd act." He received 80 hours community service after pleading no contest to the charge.

In February of 2006, he was arrested again and charged with possession of Class A and Class C drugs in London. Seven months later in October, he was found unconscious in his Mercedes-Benz, and was taken to the hospital. Later charged with possession of marijuana. The following May, he pleaded unfit to driving due to drugs, being found guilty. His drivers' license was suspended for two years.

George admitted in 2007 that he was addicted to prescription drugs, blaming his behavior on a "self-destructive" mind set brought on by the death of his mother nearly a decade ago.

Latest articles