DJ AM Released From Hospital

DJ AM Released From Hospital DJ AM has been released less than a week after a crash that injured both him and his friend, Travis Barker. Barker and DJ were the only two to survive the crash, out of the total of six passengers. He was released from the hospital and is now heading back home according to his publicist.

"While he is deeply saddened by the events, he is thankful for all of the love and support he has been receiving from fans and friends worldwide," the rep said. "We ask that you continue to respect his privacy as he rests and heals and mourns the loss of his friends."

No official news has been released about Travis, but Jermaine Dupree visited him and has said that he'll be released from the same hospital in about two weeks.

Last Tuesday, he was reported to be staying optimistic despite several surgeries related to the crash, his friend has told the Associated Press.

"If you make it out of a crash of that magnitude, somebody's looking out for you," said Nosal, who also works with Travis on his clothing line, "He's trying to stay upbeat."

"[Barker and AM] told me that they slid down the wing on the right side of the plane. They said they were on fire and that they tackled each other and put each other out." Lieutenant Josh Shumpert of the South Congaree, South Carolina, police department spoke to People.com about what he witnessed when he first arrived at the scene of the plane crash.

"When I got there, they were on the side of the road," he continued. "They were pacing and in shock. Travis was very shaken up."

Federal investigators are looking into the possibility that a blown out tire could have contributed to the cause of the crash. They've found evidence that says one of the jet's tires may have blown moments before take off. Audio from the jet's cockpit voice recorder indicates that the pilot and co-pilot informed air-traffic controllers they had heard a tire burst and tried to stop the takeoff from happening.

Latest articles