My Chemical Romance Tells Fans to Expect New Album “Real Quick.”

My Chemical Romance Tells Fans to Expect New Album “Real Quick.” It’s been a while since we’ve seen much in the way of new and original music coming from Jersey rock band My Chemical Romance—yet somehow, they’ve managed to remain in the forefront of their fans’ minds during their short absence from the stage.

Since they began their halfhearted hiatus following a lengthy world tour to promote their third studio album, The Black Parade, these Jersey boys have still managed to stay busy despite the claims that a new album was not to be expected quickly. Instead, they devoted themselves to other projects that led them astray of the rock band that was their ticket to fame and mainstream status.

Frank Iero, the band’s rhythm guitarist, who is always to be found on a stage somewhere in the world, is currently fronting punk rock band Leathermouth, who are now on tour with Mindless Self Indulgence, in addition to his role as bassist in The Love Cats.

Mikey Way recently celebrated his first foray into the comic book world: an eight-page Batman story penned with a Halloween theme in kind, which was released on October 22nd, 2008, as a part of DC Comics Halloween ‘08 book.

Ray Toro, lead guitarist for My Chemical Romance, has reportedly been kept busy by his (previously unheard of) Weezer cover band.

Bob Bryar, recently recovering from wrist surgery in Chicago, is currently attending regular physical therapy sessions but reports that the outlook is looking pretty good for this Chicago drummer. In the meantime, he has been keeping the fans updated on his goings-on via My Chemical Romance’s MySpace—Gerard Way’s real address not included in these updates, of course, despite his best efforts.

As for Gerard Way himself, the spunky and oftentimes glitzy lead singer of the well-known American Rock band—well, he’s been kept busy by red carpet interviews and is even in talks for the film adaptation of his comic book series, The Umbrella Academy, which Universal Pictures has optioned.

With all of this on their plates, one would think that a new album is far from coming along for the desperate fans who have been begging for it since the band’s hiatus began. Fortunately for them, they’re dead wrong—My Chemical Romance now wants their fans to know that another album might be coming along, “real quick.”

I have a lot of time to write right now,” explains Way. “It may just be two months and then we might end up getting inspired and a record just spills out of us real quick. I'm a storyteller and a lyricist and I always try to tell stories with records."

Way also admits that the new album will be “stripped down,” when compared to the elaborate concoction that was The Black Parade, making it more reminiscent of their first two albums, I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love, released in 2002, and Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge from 2004.

That doesn’t mean we won't explore really crazy ideas on the next albums,” assures Way,” or do something even crazier. It doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll start to take steps backwards creatively.

There is no firm deadline set for the new album’s release date; all that is known at this moment is that the band is hoping to get back into the studio soon—but perhaps after they’ve had more time to enjoy the “break” that never really was.

Source: Stv.tv

Latest articles