All Time Low - Selling Out?

All Time Low - Selling Out? The oh-so lovely pop-punk band from Maryland, All Time Low. They’ve got girls screaming for them and caught the heart of many young women. All Time Low’s got music that will make your heart melt, and their saying they’re good looking doesn’t hurt one bit. They are the boys who wrote the legendary song ‘Dear Maria Count Me In’ and ‘Poppin Champagne’. The question is – have they sold out?

These boys are avid bloggers and always find a way to contact with their fans. Alex Gaskarth [Vocals, Guitar] has a YouTube account which he updates once in a while. He made a video about selling out, and if All Time Low has sold out or not. In the video he states that his definition of selling out is “changing your sound just to make money”, but All Time Low has been keeping their pop-punk sound from the beginning.

Others also think that All Time Low are sellouts because they have been on MTV. Simply, the same thing happened with Cobra Starship and the “I liked Cobra Starship before they were on MTV” banners. I don’t think that just because they’re on MTV doesn’t mean their sellouts. Sure, MTV is mainly rap and pop, and lots of people who have gone on there have sold out, but there’s occasionally the band who don’t do that. MTV is also another form of showing people around the world about new and good bands/artists. It’s just like in Canada – Much Music. No one who’s been on Much has been called a sellout, I don’t get how someone who’s been on MTV would be a sellout too.

I have friends who don’t like All Time Low, for similar reasons. They’re too pop-punk, which results in selling out just because they’re pop-punk. Pop-punk is a genre of music, and it’s not classified as selling out. Sure, pop is made to please people, but if it pleases people then the people who it pleases would want to make music like that right? Most bands make music that they like, and they enjoy, and All Time Low loves their songs.

It’s been a controversial issue, and with Gaskarth creating his record label ‘The Party Scene’ many have said that he’s turning into Wentz. Their current tour is named after the Wikipedia definition of Selling Out. Are All Time Low selling out? I don’t think so, but I’ll leave the answer up to you.

Latest articles