Sassy Back Tour '08

Sassy Back Tour '08 November 2nd, the Sassy Back tour featuring Cobra Starship rolled through San Diego, CA. This is Cobra Starship’s second headlining tour to support their second album ¡Viva La Cobra! which was the follow up to their debut While the City Sleeps, We Rule the Streets. The new record is full of very danceable songs that have witty yet funny lyrics such as “I came here to make you dance tonight, I don’t care about my guilty pleasure for you.” and “Hear now you’re famous, do you know the price you pay? Hope that ain’t contagious cause I ain’t gonna live that way.” The band is currently made up of Gabe Saporta, Alex Suarez, Ryland Blackinton and Victoria Asher.

For the Sassy Back tour, they brought along some amazing acts. First up was Sing It Loud from Minneapolis, Minnesota. They played some songs off of their debut Come Around. Next up was Hit The Lights which many concert attendees, including me, hit in the restrooms to avoid the horrible noise being played through the speakers. Forever The Sickest Kids then played and got the crowd moving to songs such as Hey Brittany, Whoa Oh!, she’s A Lady and they’re Men In Black cover. Then finally, the band everyone had gotten to the House of Blues hours early for got on stage. The crowd went insane as Cobra Starship played both old and new hits. They played Church of Hot Addiction, Guilty Pleasure, Bring It and City Is At War. It was an all out dance party. Even a few members from the earlier playing bands were back at the merch tables bustin’ out some moves.

As someone who has seen Cobra Starship a whole four times, they are definitely a band worth seeing live. They have an amazing energy, great music, their merch is the coolest stuff you’ll ever wear, and you’ll make quite a few bands and new friends in the process.

Latest articles