What do Successful People Have That You Don't?

What do Successful People Have That You Don't? Growing up, you’d always hear people say ‘When I grow up, I want to be a singer.’ The truth is, almost none of those people actually become a singer. The majority of them end up working in an office, having kids and living in a nice suburb. It’s all very cliché and planned out. Those who do become successful have ambition and luck, but they also have something else.

Ambition is one thing that most famous writers, singers, actors, producers and successful people have. Experts have actually said that some people have the talent it takes to be an actor or whatever, but they don’t believe in themselves and, therefore, never become famous. Many of the celebrities we worship today aren’t necessarily the most talented, but they may be the most ambitious.

Luck is another major aspect in many people’s path to success. There are many talented boy bands out there, most of which nobody has ever heard of. The ones that we have heard of, is it really that they’re better than others, or is it more likely that they were just in the right place at the right time? When a record label is looking for a new band, they’ll sign the first good boy band they hear, not stopping to search for a better one. If you’re in that band at that particular time, you’re signed to a record label. But if that same record is looking for a new artist a year later, they might not want a boy band. They might want a female powerhouse singer or a rapper. Suddenly, a boy band that’s just as talented as the first isn’t signed. Luck is key to almost any artist’s career.

While the things listed above have major influence over a career, dedication is the most important ingredient. Dedication isn’t just staying with a sport for several years; it’s staying with that sport for many years, loving it, and practicing it outside of what’s required. It’s when you have the option of going to a birthday party or practicing, and you chose practicing. Many people don’t have that type dedication to anything, much less a hobby or job. When you’re dedicated to something, you’d be willing to force your whole family to move for it, turn your entire life upside down for it. In the end, it doesn’t matter how lucky or talented you are, it’s how dedicated you are.

Many celebrities and sport stars live a life with everything they’ve ever wanted; a big house, a fan base, and a nice car. But they weren’t just placed in this lifestyle; they tried hard and stayed with their art for a long time. Talent isn’t something everybody is born with; even if you are you must be dedicated and ambitious to make it big. Living life to its fullest isn’t something that comes easily; it requires time and patience. Many of us don’t have the strength to be told that you’re horrible at something and to then relearn it, like many sports stars do. Actors and singers go to acting and singing class even after they’re at the top; it’s just part of the job. Dedication and belief in your self are the most important factor to success; it’s not optional, it’s necessary.

Latest articles