What Is Band From TV?

What Is Band From TV? The band was first created a few years ago when Grunberg was asked to play at the House of Blues with a few other celebrities. The reaction from the crowds, and the celebrities gave him the idea to create a band, the raises money for charitable causes. After guest starring on House, Grunberg quickly became friends with Hugh Laurie, and the two of them along side James Denton (Desperate Housewives) and Bob Guiney (Date My House) performed a second charity concert. Soon after, Bonnie Somerville joined the group, and ‘Band From TV’ was formed.

The members of the band each support a different charity, as Band From TV is all about giving.

The Members and Their Charities

Greg Grunberg – Drums
Grunberg is best known for his role in NBC’s Heroes, playing Matt Parkman. He pulled the band together, and supports the Epilepsy Foundation.

Bob Guiney – Vocals
Bob, best known for roles on The Bachelor and on TLC’s Date My House, is one of the vocalists for BFTV and supports The Art of Elysium – a charity which aims to enrich the lives of artists and critically ill children.

Bonnie Summerville – Vocals
Summerville is known for her roles in ABC’s 2008 hit series Cashmere Mafia. She performs for two charities, being the Child Abuse Protection Agency, and the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.

James Denton – Guitar
James Denton is currently starring in the worldwide hit Desperate Housewives and supports the Conservation Fund, which aim to protect America’s land space and water.

Jesse Spencer – Violin
Spencer is the third band member starring in House, and he plays for The Indiana University-Kenya Partnership, aiming to get a better healthcare in Kenya, in hope to prevent HIV/AIDS.

Adrian Pasdar – Guitar
Pasdar, well known for his role as Nathan Petrelli also in NBC’s hit show Heroes, and also supports a charity about epilepsy, similarly to Grunberg. He plays for Rush Medical Center – Pediatric Epilepsy Unit, who evaluates, diagnoses and treats adults and children with all forms of epilepsy, as well as people experiencing frequent spells that may be epilepsy.

Hugh Laurie – Keyboards
Laurie is best known for his lead role in House, playing Dr Gregory House. He plays in BFTV for Save The Children, a charity aiming to change the lives of children in need all over the world.

Finally, the whole band support the Guitar Center Music Foundation. This is a charity who provide funding and resources across America so that children and adults will have an opportunity to experience the joys of music, where they may not have a chance otherwise.

The band only play covers, and have an album on sale titled ‘Hoggin’ All The Covers’ which is the main members recorded a series of rock and roll songs, and all the proceeds made from the records are split between each band members charities.

While the music isn’t that of recent artists, or the type that you’d usually find on your iPod, but with the message behind the music, and the known band members, you may find yourself in the store and it may well show up on your iPod!

Latest articles