The Getaway Plan Break-Up.

The Getaway Plan Break-Up. The band was formed in 2004, and are from Melbourne, Victoria.

With Matthew WrightLead Vocals.

Clint Splattering- Lead Guitarist.

Dave Anderson- Bassist Guitarist.

Aaron BarnettDrummer.

Their first demo release in 2004 was a beginning for The Getaway Plan.

In 2006 The Getaway Plan signed to Boomtown Records, making their first debut label release, an EP titled Hold Conversation.

Their newest studio album released in 2008 peaked number one on the Australian Independent Records (AIR) charts, also reaching number 14 on the ARIA Albums Chart. The band had later announced their breakup in February 2009.

They made their first official statement on Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 stating:

Dear friends,

There comes a point in everyone's lives where they must sit back and assess if everything is working the way it should be.

We have come to a decision that The Getaway Plan will no longer continue to make music together.

The past 5 years have been an incredible journey and we would never have been able to say that without the support of each and every one of you.

We are in the final stages of planning one last national tour. Please come along and party with TGP one last time. It would mean the world to us.

This is in no way the end of our careers as musicians. Music is and always will be the biggest part of our lives.

Thank you all so much for everything; we are all eternally grateful for your support.

Love Aaron, Clint, Dave & Matthew.

Later on Dave (Bassist Guitarist) posts on his MySpace saying:

Sorry to leave you all in the dark regarding our 'out of the blue' breakup.For us and those close to the band, this had been going on for quite a while and we were just looking for the best time to let the rest of the world know what was happening to ours.
So now my life is no longer being directed for me nor will i ever let it be again.
Its time to make my own future and finally become part of the real world.
Im confident I have what it takes to grab the world by its ears and really
make somebody out of myself now.

You have no idea how excited I am.

To all my friends I've made along my journey i thank you for being part of the ride.
It's a shame we had to get off so soon but I have more time than ever for you now.

To everybody I didn't get to meet but followed what we created,
I thank you with all my heart for getting behind our ideas and letting us be a part of your lives.

I hope at some stage we have put a smile on your face.

I dont reget one second of it.

<3 Dave

The band has also planned out the very last of The Getaway Plan, with one last national tour around Australia.

Tour dates can be found here: The Getaway Plan MySpace.

Latest articles