Hoggin' All The Covers

Hoggin' All The Covers On October 28th 2008 Band From TV released their debut album, Hoggin' All The Covers. As the name suggests, the album is comprised of songs which they have taken, and remade.

The songs that they have covered, are rather unusual, and different. Although, that's just what our generation would say. If you went to your parents, then they'd recognise the songs almost instantly - but that doesn't make it any less of an album!

This can be proven by the track listing:

Piece Of My Heart - Erma Franklin
You Really Got Me - The Kinks
Will It Go Round In Circles - Billy Preston
Feelin' Alright - Traffic
Pink Cadillac - Bruce Springsteen
Lean On Me - Bill Withers
Hard To Handle - Otis Redding
Mustang Sally - Mack Rice
The Letter - The Box Tops
Viva Las Vegas - Elvis Presley
Goodnight Irene - Huddie 'Lead Belly' Ledbetter
Papa Loves Mama - Garth Brooks
Shake A Tail Feather - The Five Du-Tones

Most of the songs date back to the 70's, however there are a few others thrown in, such as Goodnight Irene, which was first released in 1932, and Papa Loves Mama from 1992.

Although at first, when listening you want to skip, because it sounds like it's old music after a few listens through, you realise that although the originals are old, the Band From TV version isn't. BFTV give it a brand new sound, throwing in extra sounds and making them seem more fresh and upbeat.

Hoggin' All The Covers also comes with a DVD, which consists of a front row view of one of their concerts. With this, you can see even clearer how they make old music sound fresh and unique.

The album is available to buy exclusively from Amazon.com for $14.99, which is 25% off the list price of $20.00, and as all Band From TV's products, all precedes made, go directly to the charities which each of the band members support.

Latest articles