Rumors And Myths Don’t Hurt Escape The Fate

Rumors And Myths Don’t Hurt Escape The Fate The music business is made up of 3 parts. The music, the musician and their reputation. The band Escape The Fate formed in 2004 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The original members consisted of Ronnie Radke, Max Green and Robert Ortiz out of high school. In an Interview with Escape The Fate, Ronnie Radke stated “I knew Robert and Max in high school, they graduated and I dropped out.” He also went on to describe how they all joined different bands till they came together to be Escape the Fate. The name was coined by Radke. Meaning they escaped the fate and they were going to make it. The first set of band members was noted; Guitarist Bryan “Monte” Money, Rhythm Guitarist Omar Espinosa, Drummer Robert Ortiz, Bassist Max Green and the ever popular lead singer Ronnie Radke.

Escape The Fate has been known for its crazy live performances and its even crazy lead singer. Radke along with Green hit the rock star scene like the famous before them. Drugs hit them hard. Maybe Radke harder. Max Green commented to alternative presses Mike Shea “He was going to die if he didn’t go to jail... This is the best thing for him”. Ronnie hit the wrong road, hard. He struggled with drugs and alcohol problems. Then being involved in a physical altercation in May of 2006 ending horribly with a man dead. Though Radke didn’t aim the gun and shot he was there and he was sentenced to Probation and had to go to rehab. The internal tension began to arise.

Radke jumped parole in June of 2008; after 3 days of searching he was apprehended by police and sentence to 4 years in Jail with a parole possibility in 2010.

Rumors exploded; many being completely ridiculous and absurd.

For example; the lead singer killed some guy.

This is false, completely. In the actual police report two brothers were the ones that murdered the other man present. Radke was simply there.

Green Stated. “Ronnie didn’t go to jail for killing anyone, he went to jail for not being able to p*ss in a cup and pass a drug test, period.”

Another rumor that is surfacing is Max Green (Escape The Fate) hates Ronnie Radke.

In the podcast AP put out with Escape The Fate, Max Green commented, “I did a lot of bad things too... F**k if he gets out dude I’ll go buy him a meal dude, I want to hang with him again to see how he’s doing. The Ronnie that I know, the Ronnie I met when I was 15 years old and the Ronnie I knew at 23... is not the same person at all. I would love for that old Ronnie to come back.”

Craig backed him up saying “Escape The Fate doesn’t hate Ronnie Radke... We all are hoping that he gets better... We all support him and hope he does well.”

Going back to the departure of Mr. Radke, the band looked forward and to an old friend and ex-front man of Bless The fall, Craig Mabbitt drawing more attention and more myths. What the fan’s don’t seem to realize is that Mabbitt went through the same drama with his band.

As many people know Craig has a daughter, Lelia Rose. He was becoming unhappy with Bless The Fall and he was, like any caring father, wanting to see and be around his daughter. He knew she was getting older and there something’s parents shouldn’t miss.

Craig dealt with lies from a band manager and issues with people he thought were his friends. Though his dilemma was not as hardcore and Ronnie’s he still faced losing his band and his songs to another lead singer.

So how does Escape The Fate manage to survive and swim through all of the drama, myths, rumors and hating? They simply do what they love to do. Making music.

Escape The Fate found Craig and rebuilt a band. Craig found Escape The Fate and rebuilt himself. Even Ronnie found a new band and is cleaning himself up.

Escape The Fate isn’t as bad as the rumor’s seem to make them. Out of respect they don’t play any songs that seemed to personally to Ronnie, for example “The Day I left the Womb”. They still keep Ronnie’s music alive through Craig and they still manage to keep some people holding on and bringing in new.

I can say from personal experience they are succeeding. I am a relatively new fan. I got hooked the moment I saw the music video for “Something”. I Like Mabbitt’s voice and lyrics but I think Ronnie’s sealed the deal.

We all hope and wish for the best in Ronnie’s sake and even if you do not prefer Craig, you still should give him props for taking in and becoming part of something at a really bad time. Myths and rumors make everything ugly but Escape The Fate is following their name and moving on. As we all should. I think the lesson learned is, Stay true to what you like but never believe anything unless it has been proven.

All information is based on Alternative Press Podcast Featuring Escape the Fate and Police reports.

Latest articles