Scream Awards 2007

Scream Awards 2007 Spike TV hosted their second annual Scream Awards on October 19, 2007 in Los Angeles, CA at the Greek Theater. The award show consisted of categories of Sci-Fi, horror, and fantasy in film, television and comic books. Many celebrity guests from these genres of film and television had presented the awards to winners. Some of those presenters were Kevin Smith, Eli Roth, and Tobin Bell.

The opening of the show was an "explosion" of a fan's body parts, made to get fans excited for upcoming film, Saw IV (opening tomorrow, October 26th). Throughout the show were clips of future films such as: Repo! The Genetic Opera, Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Beowulf and The Mist. Also, there were performances from Ozzy Osbourne, Avenged Sevenfold, and a special closing of Alice Cooper with Slash and Rob Zombie. Cooper as well won the award for Rock Immortal for his notable performances and music. Another notable winner was Harrison Ford, who won the [first ever] Hero Award for his films such as Star Wars and Indiana Jones. That night was also the 25th Anniversary of the famous Sci-Fi film Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. The actors from the film came on stage and gave speeches from their experience from the film, years ago, and it's impact on today's film, television, comics, and fans.

Some awards and winners from that night went to:

BEST COMIC BOOK WRITER:
- Frank Miller

BEST SEQUEL:
- Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

BEST CAMEO:
- Keith Richards, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

BEST TV SHOW:
- Heroes

BEST HORROR MOVIE:
- 28 Weeks Later

THE ULTIMATE SCREAM:
- 300

A list of the all the winners could be seen on CNN.com.

Latest articles