My Chemical Romance Drummer Suing Dog Trainer

My Chemical Romance Drummer Suing Dog Trainer In April 0f 2009, My Chemical Romance drummer Bob Bryar spent $7,500 to send his beloved German shepherd mix dog, Dixie, to a kennel owned by trainer Daniel Schaffer. There, Dixie, a formerly abused and still psychologically fragile rescue dog, was to learn how to deal with a new dog living at Bryar’s house.

At first, messages sent to Bryar from the kennel said that Dixie was doing just fine, and that she was, “having a blast and partying all day”, at least according to Schaffer. However, only a mere week after sending that particular message, Schaffer then reported that the dog had been killed when a drunk driver struck the vehicle that the trainer was using to transport Dixie and several other dogs.

That same evening, after delivering the sad news to Bryar, Schaffer then delivered another blow via phone call. "Schaffer called (Bryar) again and informed him that he could not say goodbye to Dixie for she had been 'cremated due to her condition", says the lawsuit. The trainer delivered an urn purportedly containing the dearly loved pet’s cremated remains two days later.

Schaffer’s story, however, changed consistently. After being unable to provide a police report regarding the car crash incident, the trainer then said that the animal died in her sleep, only to then state that she had died under other - unnamed - circumstances.

Bryar is suing Daniel Schaffer for fraud, negligence, breach of contract, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. The lawsuit named the pet as “the most important thing in his [Bryar’s] life”, and the drummer certainly does not refute the claim.

“I don't even know what happened to my best friend and miss her more than anything in the world", said Bryar to PEOPLE. "The devastation I feel is beyond words."

There has so far been no response filed to Bryar’s lawsuit, and Schaffer has yet to return any messages requesting an official comment.

Source.

Latest articles