Vampires Are Taking Our World By Storm - Comments

  • Roshambo.

    Roshambo. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    The idea of the vampire is dead. Completely exploited to the point where vampires in literature and media are completely unrecognizable from their folklore roots. It's pretty blatantly seen that most of these "writers" have done no research for their "books". Some are trying to pass this off as originality. Really it's just a pathetic ploy to gain any form of notoriety in the public eye. I really don't understand how so many people are thrilled over this.

    Within the last five years, Let the Right One In is the only vampire novel/movie worth even looking at.
    July 4th, 2009 at 11:38pm
  • IAmATourist

    IAmATourist (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    What ever happened to "Queen of the Damned"?
    July 4th, 2009 at 11:23pm
  • kurt hummel

    kurt hummel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    The only vampire series I've ever read and liked was Vampire Kisses. Because Alexander was actually a [i]vampire[/i].
    But ever since the Twilight series came out I've started to hate vampires. Well to be honest, I was never ~obsessed~ with them.
    I can't even believe I started reading them. It's gross, a ~mortal~ getting it on with a dead person. That's sick.
    July 4th, 2009 at 11:17pm
  • Oscar Wilde

    Oscar Wilde (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I love vampires, and love all the new shows/films being made about them. But a lot of them were actually written before Twilight, and are only now being adapted for the screen.
    I confess I actually thought you were bad-mouthing the whole thing, until I read past the first two paragraphs.
    Anyway, I liked this article, although I do kind of agree with The Fantasy that it perhaps wasn't completely article material.
    July 4th, 2009 at 11:11pm
  • It's In The Blood.

    It's In The Blood. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I love True Blood. Twilight considerably less so.

    To be fair though, I don't think I'd sleep with either kind of vampire XD I like my men with a sense of humour, thanks.
    July 4th, 2009 at 11:09pm
  • Freaka.

    Freaka. (220)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I miss [i]Buffy.[/i]
    July 4th, 2009 at 11:01pm
  • The Fantasy

    The Fantasy (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    Hm, this perhaps could have been a journal as it was not very informative, but nevertheless, I love vampires, and regardless of the many people saying things such as "I'm sick and tired of seeing all the vampire books being published," I like them. :)

    I've always loved vampires, and I suspect I always will.
    And no, I'm not a Twilight fangirl. Yes, I love the books, and I even like the movie, but that doesn't mean I'm all "OMGZ EDWARD CULLEN IZ SO HAWT!"
    July 4th, 2009 at 10:59pm