Millionaires Caught Lip Syncing at Warped

Millionaires Caught Lip Syncing at Warped The three piece alternative electro pop group from California includes Melissa Marie Green, Alison Green and Dani Artaud. Gaining success through the internet in only a matter of days they were signed by Pete Wentz to the Decaydance label. Millionaires have snatched up a spot on this year’s 2009 Warped Tour. Their rising popularity has seen their fan base expanding rapidly.

Just over a week ago on a Warped tour date, Millionaires backing track CD started to skip during their live performance. Nathan Leone of Madina Lake informed many fans about what happened when he posted a blog.

"So yesterday I went to see a band called Millionaires. Sheer curiosity. What I saw was shocking and awesome to say the least. Remember I’m not judging anyone here, just telling a story lol. About 5 songs into their set the CD skipped. Think Ashley Simpson times 10. 3 girls fumbling around absolutely clueless as to what was happening. They seriously didn’t even know why the song they were “performing” suddenly skipped to the song they “played” before it. Then it skipped again and again and they just huffed and puffed around the stage. Of course none of their mics were even ON but I was at the side of the stage and one of them turned to the other and goes “ewww this is sooo anoyyying” like one of the bitchy girls on MTVs Sweet 16. Hah, it was amazing."

Alexisonfire also addressed the issue in one of their blog posts saying "The most surprising thing about this tour is the amount of bands that are faking it. Straight up lip-syncing nonsense! To begin with Millionaires don't sing at all, and the one dude from broke NCYDE is up there just pretending".

Whilst many people are hating on Millionaires through blog comments and Myspace bulletins, others aren’t surprised, some fans even defending them from the brutal attacks. The incident has not made a major impact on the band. The girls haven’t talked about it or defended themselves, and have continued to perform their songs.

Their new 5 song EP ’Just Got Paid, Let’s Get Laid’ is out now on iTunes.

Latest articles