Reemer Break Up

Reemer Break Up Manchester band Reemer announced that they had made the decision to split on their MySpace blog on August 10th 2009.

Frontman Dave Hunter wrote the blog which broke the hearts of many dedicated fans, saying that although it was a difficult decision to make, they all believe that it's time for change. He went on to thank the fans for everything, because if it wasn't for them then "Reemer would just be four lads in a barn desperate for an audience".

Dave also said that this is not the end, but the beginning. He writes that drummer Dan Evans hopes to become a full time session drummer. Guitarist Nick Murray will be staying in music and is currently exploring avenues within production as well as full band and session work. Bassist Max Redfern has already found a job with a large technology company focusing particularly on production programs.

As for Dave, writing and demoing is well underway for his upcoming solo project. His brand new MySpace is online and ready to go and he will be launching it officially on August 17th 2009, to the delight of many fans.

Reemer were a band with unexplainable energy, best known for their Myspace Monday videos. They toured with bands such as Scouting For Girls, The Feeling, McFLY and Elliot Minor. The chemistry these four men created on stage when performing was electric, and it was an honour to be able to witness the magic that happened when they played.

Needless to say, fans of the band are very upset by the news, but they understand that it's for the best. Many left comments on the blog, expressing their emotions and wishing the band luck in their future projects.

It really is the end of an era for Reemer and their fans.

For the full blog, click here.

Latest articles