The 2009 MTV Video Music Awards

The 2009 MTV Video Music Awards It's that time of year again - when it's time to vote for best pop video or the video of the year.

For best female video we have the newbies, Katy Perry and Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift, and the veterans Pink, Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson all up for nominations for their recent videos. Each of their videos are different and honestly deserve an award.

For best hip hop video we have Asher Roth with "I Love College", Jay-Z with "D.O.A", Kanye West with "Love Lockdown", Flo Rida with "Right Round" and lastly Eminem with "We Made You". Even though Eminem has been on hiatus for four years he's still managed to come back with an amazing album, "Relapse", "We Made You" is funny and unique and of course, it makes fun of celebrities and that's exactly the way Eminem works with his videos.

Next for best male video, we have Eminem again with "We Made You", Kanye with "Love Lockdown", Jay-Z with "D.O.A", and Ne-Yo with "Miss Independant" and T.I with "Live Your Life". Unlike the best hip hop video, Eminem might have a hard time winning this award.

Moving on to best new artist we have pop sensation Lady Gaga and 30H!3, Asher Roth with "I Love College", Degrassi: The Next Generation star, Drake with "Best I've Ever Had" and Kid Cudi with "Day N' Nite". Lady GaGa isn't new anymore, she's released this incredible album, "The Fame". But on the other hand 30Hh!3's album "Want" is catchy and it never gets old, they're taking the world by storm. However there's still Asher Roth with his album "Asleep In The Bread Ailse" which is also really good, as well. Even though Kid Cudi and Drake haven't released debut albums yet, they should be the best we've ever listened to.

For Best pop video, we have VMA veteran and world sensation since she was seventeen, Britney Spears with "Womanizer", Cobra Starship with "Good Girl's Go Bad" featuring Leighton Meester, Lady Gaga with "Poker Face", and of course it wouldn't be a competition without Beyonce and her hit "Single Ladies". There's also a fifth nomination going to Wisin Y Yandel for their song "Abusadora".

Fall Out Boy is nominated in this category for "I Don't Care", along with VMA veterans Coldplay and Green Day, Paramore, and new comers Kings Of Leon.

Now we have one of the biggest categories at the VMA's. VIDEO OF THE YEAR. All the same artist are nominated. Kanye West, Britney Spears, Lady GaGa, Beyonce and Eminem.

And coming to a end we have best breakthrough video. In this category we have the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Matt and Kim, Anjulie, Cold War Kids, Passion Pit, Death Cab For Cutie, Gnarles Barkley, Major Lazer, Bat For Lashes and Chairlift.

Catch the 2009 Video Music Awards, live on MTV at 9 Sunday, September 13, 2009.

Latest articles