Does All Time Low Have The Fall Out Boy Syndrome? - Comments

  • Hateful.Misery

    Hateful.Misery (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Ireland
    I can kind of agree with where you're coming from but I don't belive ATL are sellouts...yet.
    FOB are complete sellouts though.
    They don't care about their fans or the music anymore.
    And I fear many bands who have gone mainstream such as ATL will end up the same way.
    September 26th, 2009 at 07:46pm
  • ethereally

    ethereally (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    they are NOT sellouts !
    it's not their fault they got famous like that .
    they just really are amazing and lots of people like them...
    no way are they sellouts .
    they still do care about the music and that's that .
    September 16th, 2009 at 10:53pm
  • amywentz;

    amywentz; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    I don't think they're sellouts, that's really not their fault.
    They're just going mainstream, which isn't the same thing.
    Cobra Starship's going the same way.
    While it's annoying, it's totally not their fault.
    September 15th, 2009 at 12:37pm
  • BeautifulFacade

    BeautifulFacade (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Change is good, not selling out!

    You can tell that All Time Low loves what they do if you watch their preformances. You can see that they're giving it their all, and put a tremendous amount of effort in what they do.

    Plus, if a band doesn't change up their sound once in a while, they may lose fans, or never gain new ones. You've gotta change it up sometime so people don't get bored with it.
    September 8th, 2009 at 04:22am
  • pearahmore.

    pearahmore. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    all time low are NOT sellouts.
    srsly,
    so, because a band works hard and actually sells albums,
    that means there sellouts now?

    i think not.
    and yes, nothing personal IS different from their other stuff,
    as it should be.,
    do you really expect ANY band to keep on doing the same stuff?

    I rest my case.
    September 7th, 2009 at 08:51pm
  • shanana

    shanana (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I hate when people say that just because a band are well known, they've sold out. It isn't like the band asked for everyone to buy their CD. It just happens. So basically, unless you're a total nobody to the world, you're a sellout? Bullshit.
    September 2nd, 2009 at 06:56pm
  • Photobooth Mishaps

    Photobooth Mishaps (155)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    The way I see it, the second a band becomes largely sucessful, the original fans from before they were popular split into to groups: Those proud to admit they loved the band before anyone else, and still do, and those who think that somehow by becoming popular, the band is no longer as fantastic. They're sellouts.

    But that ideal really doesn't make the band less popular. If the music is good, it's good.
    August 30th, 2009 at 10:37pm
  • nicotine dream.

    nicotine dream. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    you get a chance to make your garage band dreams come true. you're gonna stop and say "oh wait, if i hit a recording studio, people aren't gonna appreciate us"? oh [i]please[/i]. if people stop liking a band because they've finally made it, then good riddance. a band as a talented as the both of these don't deserve to have those people ragging on them all the time. they've worked hard to be recognized; let them shine like they should.
    August 29th, 2009 at 01:57am
  • itsKatastrophe.

    itsKatastrophe. (145)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Also, I think all bands are in it for the money to some extent. Obviously they do it because they love the music, but their not gonna do it for free, would you?
    August 27th, 2009 at 09:27pm
  • itsKatastrophe.

    itsKatastrophe. (145)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    In general, I feel bad that a bad has to stay underground to get respect. It's not fair to them that they can't have success in their career just because fans don't like mainstream. I personally feel that ATL isn't selling out. Their no where near the the amount of fame that Fall Out Boy has created for themselves, but maybe one day they will. As far as I can see, their still the same goofy kids I met three years ago when hardly anyone knew their names.
    August 27th, 2009 at 09:22pm
  • BelieveMeImLying0234

    BelieveMeImLying0234 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    i flippin love All Time Low, and always will :D<3
    August 27th, 2009 at 02:28am
  • John W. Lennon

    John W. Lennon (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Honestly, this article kind of offends me.
    Are a band not allowed to be successful now without being dubbed 'sell-outs'? Tell me, what exactly do they have to do to put out new albums without being 'sell-outs'?
    Fall Out Boy haven't done anything wrong.Their music has become more detailed, finer, and so what? They've grown up, they've matured, and they're getting the recognition they deserve for their music - and I mean all their music, not just Dance Dance and This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race.
    I don't know much about All Time Low, but it's unfair to say that they're suddenly doing something wrong.
    They have a larger fanbase now. So what? Give them a break. And like other people have said, yes it's about the music but it can be about money too. They do have to live, you know.
    August 26th, 2009 at 09:29pm
  • Sugar Breath

    Sugar Breath (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    I think it's kind of rude saying that the bands are in it for the money and not the music anymore. How do YOU know? Do you know them personally?

    This is more of a journal than an article.
    August 26th, 2009 at 05:42pm
  • krista loves you!

    krista loves you! (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with i'm sykes.
    you have do to what you have to do in the music business and FOB and ATL aren't selling out, at all. Idiot fan girls just don't grasp that they have more than a few good songs, just like i'm sykes said.

    atleast they're still out there, making money, and doing what they love to do. They could have been a one hit wonder and we would have never heard of them again, or they could have never been recognized. Be happy that they're still here and giving us awesome music to listen to.

    They work hard, even if some people don't think that they do.
    August 26th, 2009 at 04:13am
  • ColorMeArtistic

    ColorMeArtistic (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    All Time Low is amazing. Screw Fall Out Boy
    August 26th, 2009 at 02:31am
  • mr. owl

    mr. owl (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Good Lord, I am so sick of people saying ATL and FOB are sell outs. In the music industry, you have to do what you have to do to make money, or else you're not going to be eating.

    Just because mass quantities of idiot girls who can't seem to grasp the concept they have more than three good songs, doesn't mean that the band is selling out.

    Instead of being upset about this, you should welcome it with open arms and be happy that the band that you like is getting recognition they deserve.

    Because we all know that ATL and FOB worked their asses off to get to the top.
    August 25th, 2009 at 06:32pm
  • A21CenturyBreakdown

    A21CenturyBreakdown (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    legs open: wtf, i never said they did. did u even READ my comment? obviously not. what i was trying to say is that's what happens to a lot of bands, they just grow up, and that's what's gonna happen to ATL.
    August 24th, 2009 at 01:10am
  • vagina.

    vagina. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Swaziland
    rememberthesunday. none of them have wives nor kids.
    wtf.
    August 23rd, 2009 at 10:16pm
  • harlequin. girl.

    harlequin. girl. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    please read this http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/144209/
    if you really believe this whole sellout crap, i feel sorry for you
    if you dont, goooooooood for you!!!!!
    sellout shouldnt even be a word
    people get upset no matter [i] what [/i] a band does
    its ridiculous!
    August 23rd, 2009 at 06:15am
  • A21CenturyBreakdown

    A21CenturyBreakdown (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i don't think they're sellouts *and i LOVE their music, don't get me wrong* but i guess they are kind of like FOB- after they're not young and hot and fresh, and they get wives and start having kids, the band just kind of burns out. look at Pete Wentz, for instance. i used to LOVE him, then he got married, had a kid, is having marriage troubles.. the whole awesome fantasy is gone about the band, y'know? in my head they're really not rock stars anymore- they're responsible adults, and it sorta sucks. the party's gone...

    i still think ATL might have a few years left.
    August 23rd, 2009 at 05:05am