Avril Lavigne And Deryck Whibley Split Up

Avril Lavigne And Deryck Whibley Split Up The 'Complicated' singer is said to have asked the Sum 41 vocalist to leave their Los Angeles home, this news comes after months of speculation about the stability of their relationship.

The split has been confirmed by Lavigne on her personal blog.

She writes, "Deryck and I have been together for six and a half years. We have been friends since I was 17, started dating when I was 19, and married when I was 21. I am grateful for our time together, and I am grateful and blessed for our remaining friendship. I admire Deryck and have a great amount of respect for him. He is the most amazing person I know, and I love him with all my heart. Deryck and I are separating and moving forward on a positive note. Thank you to all my family, friends and fans for all your support."

According to the MailOnline, a source said, "She dumped him and told him she was leaving him. She wants to move on."

Meanwhile Deryck, 29, is reported to be ‘crushed’ by the break-up.

At the end of last year there were reports that they had grown apart when Avril was on her world tour. It is thought the distance between them was said to put pressure on them, while others suggest Whibley was struggling to deal with the fact his wife was more successful than him.

In 2007 Avril claimed, '‘I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him. We have a really good, strong relationship. There's a lot of trust."

Singer Avril has been very outspoken about her and Deryck's relationship in the past, she credited him for turning her from a tomboy into a mature woman.

The couple married in 2006 in a traditional Catholic wedding at a private estate in the city of Montecito, California.

Latest articles