Adam Lambert's AMA Performance As Risque as People Say? - Comments

  • Infinitely

    Infinitely (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    i cant believe that they are saying that. leave adam alone!!! i love him and just because he is gay and expresses it throu his music doesnt mean sh**. were they saying that about prince and any other gay singers? well i dont know but you get my point.
    January 27th, 2010 at 02:38pm
  • Rach.

    Rach. (460)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Madona and Brit Spears made out on screen, and no one gave a shit. And now an openly gay man does this, and the whole world freakes out.
    Go Adam!
    January 14th, 2010 at 06:05am
  • I.Sing.Wicked.

    I.Sing.Wicked. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Of course it was risque... but myself, being an absolute "Glambert", found that it shouldn't have mattered. Of course, the face in the crotch and kissing was there, but what about Lady Gaga's performance on the VMA's? People disregarded it and let it go. I must agree with Adam himself. It was a alittle overdone, but he has no reason to apologize. He and the crowd both loved it and had fun. The performance was totally okay.
    January 6th, 2010 at 09:27pm
  • carinhaferrado123

    carinhaferrado123 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    Bulgaria
    lindo tesao bonito gostosao!!!!!
    December 10th, 2009 at 07:04pm
  • ryroandbrennybear

    ryroandbrennybear (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    i love adam lambert. i have since i first saw him with his messenger bag on american idol(don't ask why i remember that, i just do). now i'm not a fan of that song. his performance was a little raunchy, but so is most every other performance on the amas. the oral sex thing was a bit much in my opinion(it was censored where i live) but as for the kissing, i don't care. if 2 chicks are gonna kiss on my tv screen, guys are welcome as well. i may just not care because i'm not homophobic whatsoever and have gay and bi friends. besides the horrific song, my opinion of adam did not seem to sway and when i watched him on ellen, i knew adam was going to stay in my heart because he's to sweet and adorable not to love.
    ps. he's very well spoken. :)
    December 6th, 2009 at 10:55pm
  • Draco_Familiar

    Draco_Familiar (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Marilin Manson does similar things, but when was the last time he was on a national TV?

    Why can't Lambert keep these things to his own concerts and not bring them into the screen? That's all I'm asking.
    December 3rd, 2009 at 07:42am
  • Miss Manhattan

    Miss Manhattan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    It was exactly what I'd expect from him. It was risque, but that's his whole persona.
    December 1st, 2009 at 11:40pm
  • The Cow Says Moo

    The Cow Says Moo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I really don't get what the big deal is. He was performing at a concert thingy where most of the audience and viewers would be close to 12+ in age. Big whoop.
    December 1st, 2009 at 05:45am
  • xRaz0rBlad3xR0manc3x

    xRaz0rBlad3xR0manc3x (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    People are just making a huge hype. Parents don't want the children to be revealed to homosexuality, among other things. They over-react about practically everything, especially if it involves one male kissing another, grabbing his crotch, whatever it is. God knows how many times Michael Jackson has grabbed his crotch on stage, there's no criticism for that. In my opinion, the United States is becoming more and more homophobic...
    November 29th, 2009 at 01:36am
  • Poirot's Moustache

    Poirot's Moustache (1270)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    72
    Location:
    Australia
    [i]Another thing to think about: Spears and Madonna can kiss on stage but when two guys kiss its not Okay?[/i]

    I'm pretty sure Britney and Madonna did get criticism for it.
    Not only that, their kiss was aired on a different channel- MTV.
    MTV and ABC are different channels, and there're different expectations as to the content the two channels will show.
    And I don't recall Madonna and Britney simulating oral sex.

    Just saying.
    November 28th, 2009 at 05:47pm
  • TearsOfTheYouth

    TearsOfTheYouth (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Another thing to think about: Spears and Madonna can kiss on stage but when two guys kiss its not Okay?
    November 28th, 2009 at 04:10am
  • Mayhem Riot

    Mayhem Riot (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I totally agree!
    It's not as controversial than it seems to be.
    It wasn't the song that got parents all worked up it was the fact of what he did.
    If parents didn't want their kids to watch his performance then they should have not been watching it or told there kids that they need to go to bed.
    and that the fact that it was on at 10:00 P.M. and some places almost 12:00 A.M. kids didn't need to be up that late on a school night!!!!
    and plus the fact that girls have been kissing girls in concert for a while now doesn't make it any different for him so what if he kissed a guy, he has different sexual preferences doesn't mean that we need to be making a big freaking deal about what he did!!!
    I rest my case!!!!
    November 27th, 2009 at 05:31am
  • CallMeKayla

    CallMeKayla (205)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Ok, at one point or another, an artist cusses in their lyrics. When they do, and they're not suppose to, they get fined. End of story. Adam did that, and now he's paying for it. It was a live show, and many times artists will throw in extra lyrics when preforming live. Not too big of a deal there. But his actions were trashy. The guy did NOT KNOW Adam was going to kiss him. Most of the time, before preformances, if this is going to happen, people ask if it is ok, THEY KNOW BEFORE HAND. This is not a OhMyGodYou'reGay thing, it's a that-was-innapropriate thing. Not to mantion, he completly grapped a girl's crotch. He likes girls now too? It's not about that, it's the principle, a lot of younger children watch the award shows with their families. It was innapropriate and he should feel the heat for it.
    November 27th, 2009 at 05:23am
  • Poirot's Moustache

    Poirot's Moustache (1270)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    72
    Location:
    Australia
    [i]The song is not what is causing the outrage. Its the kiss that he did. I'm totally on Adam Lamberts side on this. Female artists have been doing this since the 80's. Why is it any different than when they did it? Because he is a guy?[/i]

    He simulated a blowjob too. That's a bit of a step up from a kiss.
    November 27th, 2009 at 04:33am
  • Jordyn.luvs.MShadows

    Jordyn.luvs.MShadows (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    adam's performance was good, and it was a little innapropriate. but who cares? that was almost a week ago, and people need to move on.
    November 27th, 2009 at 04:14am
  • Poison_Ivy

    Poison_Ivy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    The song is not what is causing the outrage. Its the kiss that he did. I'm totally on Adam Lamberts side on this. Female artists have been doing this since the 80's. Why is it any different than when they did it? Because he is a guy?
    November 27th, 2009 at 02:23am
  • Stolarz

    Stolarz (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Given Adam's musical interest and theatrical background, it was really anything more than what I was expecting from him. I mean he likes the whole 80s glam rock thing. Throw back to the 80s where things like this were normal at concerts. Some of the acts were Eminem and Lady Gaga. Even Rihanna's outift was risque. If parents were really concerned, they would have definitely switched to a different channel by the time Adam took the stage. If there is anyone to blame for children being exposed to this, it's the people who are letting them watch it. The AMAs were never labeled as "family friendly" in the first place. Just like yoitskellz said, no one was expecting it, so apparently that makes it seem bad to everyone.
    November 27th, 2009 at 02:19am
  • kelly yells love.

    kelly yells love. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    The performance was totally unexpected which is probably why its caused such a public out cry. Generally, the whole performance was great and my parents thought so too. Some people just need something to complain about. I can imagine the faces of grandparents across the country.
    What about the song though? I really wasn't expecting that kind of music from him. In that category, I'm a bit disappointed.
    November 27th, 2009 at 12:44am
  • paigexomarie

    paigexomarie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    his acts were totally uncalled for, end of story.
    November 27th, 2009 at 12:09am
  • cosmic kiss-

    cosmic kiss- (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    You know they cut a lot of stuff out of the AMA's for the west coast. If ABC was so worried about that kiss they really could have just cut away for a moment like they did when Jennifer Lopez fell, because the west coast didn't see that. Some parts were a little inappropriate, but that's just Adam, people are aware that they can turn off their TVs or turn the channel if they don't want to see that. He didn't sound all that amazing either, but even Adam himself recognized that the performance was a little off. People spend too much time worrying over this stuff, if you don't want your kids to watch the performance, don't sit there and let them watch it.

    It's over and done with now... just move on, get over it.
    November 26th, 2009 at 10:40pm