Yowza Nominated For Golden Mouse Award

Yowza Nominated For Golden Mouse Award As many Band From TV fans know, Greg Grunberg isn't just an experienced actor, and drummer. He's also a businessman. He's co-founded the iPhone and iPod application 'Yowza' which has recently been nominated for an award.

Yowza is an application which helps you save money. You open it up, and use it anywhere you like. It's basically coupons, but on your iPod. To give you an idea of what Yowza does, the most popular coupons available are 10 percent off shopping at GAP, 20 percent off at Barnes & Noble, and even a free coffee from Starbucks. Grunberg met the other co-founders - August Trometer and Rick Yaeger - over the social networking website, Twitter.

The application was nominated for the Number One App of the Year award, in the Golden Mouse Awards 2009.

The other nominees were:

  • Free Wi-Fi finder, an app that finds Wi-Fi hotspots near your current location
  • Google Earth
  • Google Sky Map, an application for Android phones, in which you can browse the night sky just by pointing your phone towards the sky
  • Lightsaber Unleashed, an app which turns your iPod into a lightsaber
  • Four Track, a multitrack recorder on your iPod
  • Layar, an application which shows what is around you by displaying information on top of reality through the camera of your mobile phone

However, Yowza didn't win the award. The winner was Urban Spoon. A simple application for your iPod/iPhone which takes your location and displays restaurants and other places to eat near where you are situated.

Latest articles