My Chemical Romance To Tour The Philippines

My Chemical Romance To Tour The Philippines Manila, Philippines - Filipino fans have faithfully stalked the now-mainstream, multi platinum selling rock band known as My Chemical Romance through the internet and have envied the concert tales of other fans whose countries have been touched by their endless touring. Now, after what seems like an eternity of waiting, the rumor is no longer just a rumor. It has recently been confirmed that My Chemical Romance, sometimes called MCR, would be landing on Philippine shores on January 25, 2008, the gig to be promoted by Viva Concerts. The band will be performing at the Fort Bonifacio Open Field in Taguig where other artists such as Simple Plan, Avril Lavigne, Beyonce, and Christina Aguilera held their own concerts in the country.

The band's formation was caused by front man Gerard Way, a struggling cartoon/comic artist who found a new perspective on life upon witnessing the 9-11 terrorist attacks.
Together with his brother, Mikey Way, on the bass, and guitarists Ray Toro and Frank Iero and drummer Matt Pelissier, they released their first album I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love.

In 2004, the band released another album entitled Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, this time under Reprise Records, which would begin their emergence from the underground rock scene to more mainstream music. Shortly after this, Matt Pelissier would be replaced by The Used technician Bob Bryar on drums.

But the band's success can mostly be attributed to their 2006 released The Black Parade, where their songs and accompanying videos have reached new heights on the top charts and established their place in the industry. Their controversial music and image have fueled heated debates between fans and wildfire among the media. Currently, it can be said that MCR has already been touring for almost a year and a half, despite members taking temporary leaves due to injuries or personal reasons, and it seems there won't be any stopping them. The band was supposedly going to take a break after their most recent tour to work on their next album, but now it seems that after holidays that are to be spent in the United States, they will be extending their tour to the rest of Asia.

Latest articles